VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2010 Ocean Blue and Sandstone Vision finally arrived.... The 2 week delivery took almost 7 weeks. But from what I've read in the forum previously about delivery issues, that didn't surprise me. Drove 2 1/2 hours through snowy weather with my trailer to pick it up. Bike looks fantastic. Drove back the next day and got it in my garage safe and sound.

The Dealer experience left me a little puzzled and frustrated though.When I arrived my bike was being final checked by the shop foreman.This was because of the snow the previous day the bike couldn't be test ridden after assembly and was perfectly understandable. I had ordered the new IPOD cable for the 2010 through their parts department after getting them to check with victory to see if I would still have the RCA plug available for a GPS plug in. Parts Manager called Victory (twice) to make sure the RCA would still be available, Victory said it would be. When I got my cable from the parts department (100.00), I decided to have them go ahead and install it for me instead of me doing it myself. They take the cable back to service to install it for me, mind you I still haven't even seen the bike. Salesman asks me to go to finance and the finance guy wants me to finalize my purchase. He looks at me kinda strange when I tell him I wont buy a bike that I have yet to lay my eyes on.

He takes me back to where the bike is and there is my Salesman and the lead tech discussing my IPOD cable. They are discussing the labor charge to install the Cord. Tech wants 90.00 to "try" to install it.He says he doesn't know if I can still use the RCA or not. And it is gonna cost me to figure it out either way. So I read the directions that come with the cable and it says specifically, you have to disconnect the RCA to install this cable. So #1, Victory told theparts department the wrong information. #2 the lead tech didn't read the directions either. Takes me about 30 minutes to get a refund from the parts department.

So I get to look over the bike finally and go to finance to finalize my purchase. Then I go with the salesman to have him give me the walk around. He does a decent job but doesn't know how to set the clock. I ask him if he can get the tech to come set the clock,salesman tells me he asked the tech inside and the tech didn't know how to do it either. So I tell him I'll figure it out myself. I load the bike up and tow it home knowing its flashing 12:00 at me the whole time. Would I buy from this dealer again? Probably not.

Got the clock figured out, got my NUVI GPS installed using the RCA jack and took it on its first short ride of about 25 miles in 40 degree weather.. LOVED it !! The heated hand grips are great,, the heated seat is great.. bike ran smooth as silk and if the first 25 miles are indicative of the next numerous thousands, I'm a happy man.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Congrats Ammo, great looking bike. I love the color combo. Im sure you will have many thousands of happy miles on it. Get some pics up when you can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For what it's worth, I am finding similar issues with dealers in my area. We have two in the Atlanta area and neither one seem to get it when it comes to customer service. I guess they are too used to ATV's or something.

I am really getting sick and tired of the poor customer service coming from the Victory dealers. Awesome products but the majority of dealers just seem to be mediocre at best. It's really a shame. I know that Victory would sell a LOT more motorcycles if they had better dealers.

While you probably will have trouble finding a good dealer that you will be happy with and are really good at customer service, you will LOVE the Vision. A few little nits here and there (like the RCA-GPS plug) but overall a truly magnificent machine.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike! Ride Safely.

Sorry about the Dealer experience. Hopefully it will get better.

For the clock, here's a vintage video on how to set the clock on the Vision:

·
Registered
396 Posts
HeyChessieFetchItUp said:
Andy, I think that your videos might be the single most helpful thing for me when it came to deciding on the VV, I promise to go through them all. The video library on the VOG is great... Thanks!

Mike
I think I remember hearing someone else saying that before...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Very Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Greetings! I'm a freshly converted HD owner that also just unwrapped a Vision recently. Things that I have recently done, and you might want to consider right away is ordering oil change kits. In no time will you be hitting the 500 mile mark and you'll want to jump on changing that oil. I'm almost at 400 miles and already have bought several oil change kits (less the oil to save on shipping) from my dealer. The procedure can be found on video here on this site. Once you do your first one, I'm sure it's someting you can do on your own.
I love the blue color. Happy riding and be safe.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Congrats on the new Vision, I know you will enjoy it.

As far as the dealer, after being coddled for years by HD, it is a new experience. I find that most dealers are learning, and are getting better.
But your best resource in right here.

Safe riding ( at least you don't have to worry about bugs in your teeth this time of year )

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was looking at the bike last night, saw where the battery is in the front cowl area out in the open.. great for battery cooling , not to sure about for rock damage. But anyways - want to hook up my battery tender to it. where is everyone securing the plug end of the tender? Right up next to the battery on the frame somewhere? or more towards the back? And the manual says it comes with a pigtail , but I didn't get one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ammo where did you end up buying your vision? I have mine home and its working great. I have yet to have any sunshine available to take a pic in but I have a couple from when we picked it up. I will post them soon.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have a few answers as to me buying a 2010 vision tour here in Australia over the last couple of weeks.
At the dealers today first I was told black ones were now available, which by phone a week ago I was told 2010 visions had to go through homolagation because of the ABS and would not be available till the second half of the year.
Next I was told black would not be available for 2010 unless it is an 8 ball.
The last thing I was told was blue & sandstone or burgundy & gold will be available in May.

Glad I cleared that up and had my brother in law along as a witness in case I got something wrong.

All subject to change and confusion because I think the dealers get the run around from head office and we are such an small market. Meanwhile I will check out offerings from BMW and hondas ST1300 ABS. My money is earning interest as well.

I am ready to buy now and I had a black with ABS as my choice, would have signed this morning.
Yes I am using the forum for venting my frustrations. Soon I will know what is new for the 2011 line up in July. It is not as easy to buy as I thought.

·
Registered
45 Posts

My dealer showed me the bike asked if I ever riden a motorcycle before. I said yes, and he gave me the key and said have a nice day.
So much for setting the clock.
My opinion is these dealers are not motorcycle people. Great bike, dealers blow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.