VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the forum have a recommendation for a SERIOUS Vision exhaust system? KevinX installed Lloydz cams, intake plate and VFC III on my bike thissummer. After looking around for a while, I finally found someone in my area who could dyno it and ended up with 111.3 hp and 109.1 torgue. My bike (finally) runs great!
Now that the "rainy season" isarriving in the Northwest, I want to take my time and find the "right" exhaust system for it.Can't yet decide if I should go two into one or keep the stock exhaust configuration. However, more power would be nice.I've looked at ThunderSticks (they sound great) and NessHonkers. Any recommendation(s) in this regard will be welcome and warmly embraced! Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I really like the RPW 2 into one system. I currently have the L2 Vic Pipes without the baffles and a new end cap system form a dealer in the NE. They sound SWEET!

·
Registered
136 Posts

Thumper, I'm still learning a lot about bikes, so your discussion is interesting! But I'm curious... you're interested in a 2 into 1 configuration. If you do that, that means that one of the two pipes on the vision isn't being used. If that's the case, then isn't that akin to carrying around dead weight?So, you'd keep the "silent" pipe for aesthetic purposes?
What's the advantage of routing the exhaust from two cylinders into a single pipe, vs two pipes? If you can't tell, I'm kinda of confused here! :)
Vince.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been told by my dyno tech that a two into one system willgive me 3-4 more HP. More exhaust back pressure I guess.... All of the "high performance" Harleys in my bike club run a two into one system. Each rider claims that his bike performs better.... So, I'm wonderring if the same is true for a Vision?

·
Registered
717 Posts

I got 111/111 with my Honkers with the upgrade.
Plus I love the sound they make.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing. That's very interesting. I'm waiting to hear back from Lloydz on the benefits of installing a "Big Bore" kit and/or RPW two into one exhasut pipes....

·
Registered
717 Posts

Have been some troubles with big bore kits on the Visions.
The only one that I know of that seems to be working is the S&S 114" kit.
S&S says that they have 25 of them in bikes right now.
Ness in Vegas seems to have installed more than anyone else so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've installed a RPW Double Vision along with a Lloydz Fuel Controller and Intake Plate on my 08 Vision. Big difference in both sound and performance over the S1L2 I had previously. One of the best features is that the RPW is so much lighter than the stock header and the stupid heavy crossover pipe. I actually have not yet put the fake pipe and muffler back on the other side. So, my "Single" Vision is much lighter than the stock exhaust. Nice deep and loud sound too!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
2 into 1 pipes typically create better low to midrange power than straight pipes because, if designed properly, they promote increased exhaust velocity by using a phenomenon know as scavenging. When the exhaust gasses from one cylinder exit the pipe it forms a vacuum in the other header downpipe, if the low pressure happens at the right time it increases the velocity of the exhaust pulse coming from the other cylinder. That exhaust then does the same for the original cylinder.

Crossover pipes perform a similar function but aren't typically as finely tuned ot create as much scavenging as a true 2 into 1.

·
Registered
46 Posts
thanks for the post noboyhome . I design and build exhaust for RPWUSA it is good to see a good review of our exhaust pipes please post pics or email me pics we will put on our web page thanks Rossco

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Is there a set of pipes that will give a deeper, not louder,sound without having to do a re-map or processor? I am not interested in performance or loud pipes just a lower rumble...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

dsjr70 said:
Is there a set of pipes that will give a deeper, not louder,sound without having to do a re-map or processor? I am not interested in performance or loud pipes just a lower rumble...
Nothing that I am aware of. You have the stockers on I assume? I will say the L1 and L2 are not that loud. I have some stock cans if you want to play with them.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
bubba said:
dsjr70 said:
Nothing that I am aware of. You have the stockers on I assume? I will say the L1 and L2 are not that loud. I have some stock cans if you want to play with them.
Thanks, the bike doesn't pop now and I want to keep it that way. The stock pipes just have a little tinny type sound. I wonder if putting the gatlin tips on it will take alittle of that out? I know with the 109 I put(8) 1/2"holes in the exhaust and it made it deeper with affecting the computer. I just want to avoid some of the problems I have heard here and really don't want it to get to loud... Uggg

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

timchea said:
Good info here on the RPW exhaust. Saving for once now.

Ride Safe
Tim
Me tooooo!

·
Registered
717 Posts

RPW,
Do the Arlen Ness Saddlebag Lowers,
part #v-1248

fit with your pipes?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Those pics are of theArlen Ness 10th. It had his 2-1 system on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.