Vision Engine Heat | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Vision Engine Heat

Discussion in 'Victory Vision' started by VicVisionRider2, Jul 31, 2020.

1. VicVisionRider2

VicVisionRider2 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Victory Vision Tour
    I just got a 2014 Victory Vision Tour, only negative I've found is excessive engine heat! Enough to burn my calves through my Jeans! Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

2. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    Any performance add-ons? If stock, you can unplug the O2 sensors for a start. If you want to add performance, then a fuel tuner and proper dyno tune will also help reduce the heat.

vic bikes run lean from the factory. Lean = Heat

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. VicVisionRider2

VicVisionRider2 New Member

2014 Victory Vision Tour
    I'll disconnect the O2 sensors 2morrow. Thanx

4. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    New Vision pilots are always welcome here. Put up some pics and introduce yourself. @VicVisionBulldog will be along shortly with the rules of the road.

5. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Best solution is adding lowers. Baker Air Wings makes some but they attach by screwing into the panels. Victory also made some but they are harder to find than Bigfoot.

As it's our tradition.

Unsolicited, and probably unwanted, but hey......

1. Lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay but this has become a unicorn part to find.

2. Don't trust your kickstand, check it twice. No switch or positive down position, but it is designed to retract if you touch it down while in motion.

3. Trust your tip over (TO) points, IF YOU HAVE THEM, use them, instead of a foot or ankle to catch a falling Vision. GET your feet up quick when you move from a stop, TOs run on ankle blood.

4. Place a foot on your floorboard and jiggle the bike while gassing up, and take your time. It takes a bit to fill both tanks.

5. Replace your horn or get loud pipes, this thing is fast and nimble, but cagers attack it for no reason. Jealous or hypnotized, who knows, but they steer right toward you.

6. Don't ever take off the trunk unless you are OK storing it forever. Rides almost like a different bike without it.

7. Stay off your front brakes below 5 mph, and pay attention in parking lots. The fuel tanks are forward and low: great for the twisties, but takes some getting used to.

8. If you remove the trunk or drop test the TOs you are honor bound to tell us. It makes those of us who have tested them more than once feel better....so I hear.

9. If you take any of the above advice and it turns out badly, blame yourself, I am not to be trusted.

10. Make sure you lube any mechanical control points routinely, but do not oil cables, it tears up the interior Teflon.

11. Once you have leaned that thing as far as you think is safe in a sweeper, keep going if you haven't heard the floorboards scrape. It's lean angle is just ridiculous for a 900+ lb bike.

12. Practice using our Forum Search feature. It works wells, saves tons of repetition, and avoids snarky-smart-alec answers like I sometimes offer.

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. mdhall41

mdhall41 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Vision
    Welcome Vision pilot! Others have pretty much covered it, lowers and a good tune, although I never quite got to the point of it burning.

7. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I was in some slow traffic once with the dash reading 119. My right ankle was cooking. I ended up not using my rear brake and dangling my foot off the board. It was cooking to the point when I got home it looked like it was badly sunburned ready to blister. Partly my fault as I was wearing low running shoes. I believe that was the same day my radio screen went out.

On the move you can get away with dropping the windshield and having some highway pegs, keeping your feet kicked out. This floods your legs and torso with air. If you add lowers it's like the fairing is gone you get so much air.

8. Smokier104

Smokier104 Active Member

'16 Victory Vision
    Chaps help. Without them, the heat is much more noticeable. As pointed out by others, a good tune helps. Don't have the UNICORNS yet, still looking for them. If a set ever find their way to my Vision .... Well, here to hoping...:angel:

Ride safe,
    Smokier

• Like Like x 1
  9. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    There's a guy on FB selling lowers that he made...

• Like Like x 1
  10. jmstang302

Welcome new Vision Pilot

All the help you need can be had here.
    https://www.noemtz.com/

I would suggest you at least do a top filter and Maximus by @NOEMTZ

Lowers are another must have.

11. Texasbaehr

Texasbaehr Active Member

2012 Victory Vision Arlen Ness, Kawasaki Drifter 800
    I just did stage 1 pipes, Lloyds filter and Fuel Controller and it is noticeably running cooler now. That was a bonus to add to the big improvement in performance and throttle response.

12. Smokier104

Smokier104 Active Member

'16 Victory Vision
    Thank you,
    I am not on FaceBlock, what group or name is his apart of? I will ask my bride (who is on FB) to check them out.

Ride safe,
    Smokier

13. jmstang302

Les Blocker is the guy she needs to look up. Screenshot_20200802-070112.png

I think there may be 2 people making OEM copies. There's also the Baker Built wings as an alternative.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 7:49 AM
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    I personally have never had heat issues with my Vision, even when she was new. You could feel the tiniest amount coming from the rear cylinder, but it was never a problem. I rode it for a year like that before KevinX did the stage II upgrade. After the upgrade the bike ran even cooler.

15. firstvictory

firstvictory Well-Known Member

2017 Vegas 8 ball (BBC) and Vision 8Ball (BBBC)
    FWIW......As mentioned by others lowers and a good tune are essential, but I stumbled onto something else that also helps. My RPW 2/1 that are on my V8ball were rusting badly on the front header. I ride in the keys allot and Fl humidity, and I hate any rust on the bike. I removed the rust by wet sanding and 4 aut steel wool and then coated the front header where the rust was with POR15. I am thinking that helps almost as much as the lowers with the heat. If I ever have to replace these pipes I will coat that front header before they go on. It is hard to see and I just did a long ride about in extreme heat and didn't once think about my hot leg...........I am convinced that my heat problems were more about the heat coming off that header than heat coming off the motor.

bbbc por15.jpg