VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The on/off button on the cruise control box disappeared. This is the second time it has happened. The first time the entire control box was replaced while on warranty years ago. This is a 2008. I was told at the first time it was a $400. part. I was wondering if a person could wire in a on/off rocker switch on the dash. Any ideas to save me some money?
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
The button is actually still there, right? Just the rubber cover is gone?

I would think a piece of rubber cut to spec would work in its place.

I would start by taking the other buttons out to see what shape they are too determine if that is a possibility. There are two Phillips head holding the control to the mount and then 4 small ones holding the front cover to the back. It's not hard at all. I know cause I just put new bezels on mine.

Reactions: mister-g

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2010 Vision Tour's cruise control works when it feels like it! Any for a DIY fix?
Also, where can I search on this forum for an independent Vision mechanic? I'm a hour and 15 minutes away from a Indian dealer that still works on Victories.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve done all of the test in the manual in chapter 19 for the cruise control. It engages for about 10 seconds then cuts off. I’ve done the Lash Learn two times. I’m stumped. I think I may un hook the cruise cable, try to clean it and see what happens. STILL OPEN FOR MORE SUGGESTIONS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.