VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there tried out the new center staqnd made for the vision? If so any comments on the usefulness of it would be helpful. This is the first time I have ever had a bike without a center stand and would really like to purchase one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've had the center stand on my Vision for approx 5 months.I mainly use it when I wash my bike, check the oil level,change the oil, check the drive belt and/or clean the rear tire and drive sprocket. I have NOT foundmy bike to be extraordinarily stable when it's on the center stand. It can be easily "rocked" from side to side when the stand is deployed so I make sure that I'm on a flat, smooth surface when I use it. The standissimply deployed by standing on the lever. However, you have to "tug" it forwardquite a bit to get the bike offof the stand because (at least on my bike) it raises the bike too much to simply ride off.... I haven't had any problems with the stand scraping while cornering and its mounting hadrdware does offer a little extra protection to the bottom of your bike and oil pan. Note:It (slightly) interferes with my oil filter access when I change theoilbut it's not a big deal..Hope this helps!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got my center stand mounted, am I pleased. Took it out on the twisties and found no scrapping at all. Now I can do the detailing with out getting out the jack or putting it on the lift. Washing it will also be a breeze. Thanks again for the input!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update- There was no scraping with the wife and I on the bike, but when I loaded the bike down for extended travel there was excessive scraping very early in every turn. The extra weight must have taken the suspention down just enough to let the legs of the center stand touch down, even though I had the air shock pumped to maximum. Had to remove the stand for the trip.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I wonder if anyone has a comparison on the Victory center stand vs. the one recommended on another thread on this site from http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/646/Victory-Other-Cool-Stuff-Center-Stand-sc-71/
The picture on the Victory site doesn't give a lot of detail but it looks likea singlebar that extends down, whereas the one on the buywitchdoctors site looks two adjustable 'legs', which to me looks more stable. Also the buywitchdoctor version is $229 vs. Victories $299.
Any recommendations anyone?
Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Frenchr08 said:
I wonder if anyone has a comparison on the Victory center stand vs. the one recommended on another thread on this site from http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/646/Victory-Other-Cool-Stuff-Center-Stand-sc-71/

The picture on the Victory site doesn't give a lot of detail but it looks like a single bar that extends down, whereas the one on the buywitchdoctors site looks two adjustable 'legs', which to me looks more stable. Also the buywitchdoctor version is $229 vs. Victories $299.

Any recommendations anyone?

Thanks.
But you have to add $56.00 for the vision making it $285.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update- The Victory center stand that I have had for over a year now failed last summer. It was sitting in the driveway waiting for me to start to wash it and just fell over. Upon inspection the tubing on the one side just folded over and colapsed. Victory did replace the stand after two weeks, but I would never suggest that anyone buy this item. It is poorly made of quite lightweight materials for the weight of the bike that it is supposed to hold up. Hope this helps in your decision.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tip-over protection worked perfect, did not have a scratch on the bike. I have no problems with the bike, I love it. Just the add on center stand is junk, even when the bike is on the stand both tires are still on the ground. Can't spin them at all and the bike rocks a little from side to side, unless I let down the pressure in the rear shock. Compared to the quality of the rest of the bike the center stand is a piece of crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.