VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the Cardo Systems Q2 for Bluetooth connection to my phone and when it works, it works great...but it's not always dependable. I'm experiencing declining volume levels in the helmet's speakers.

I have the Tour Premium, but did not get the CB and don't know too much about how the CB works on the Vision.

Can someone take a moment to enlighten me to tell me if it's worth the money? What features to you get with it? How's the passenger intercom? How about the helmets...can it fit to most helmets, or do you have to buy a special helmet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMO the CB system can be of great value depending on how you ride. I have a passenger a lot of the time so the intercom is really nice because we do not have to holler to each other anymore. The CB part is nice when we are riding with other touring bikes with CB radios for the bike to bike communications. I really did not think it would be all that great but once I tried it I cannot imagine riding any kind of distance without it. the last trip we all went on (3 bikes all with CBs) we saw some weather ahead of us and took a poll about go around or through the storm with out ever having to stop and discuss it. When one of the wives needed to make a pit stop she can just tell me and I can let the other bikes know we need to stop or she has her own PTT button and can tell everyone at the same time. If you ride solo most of the time or your friends do not have CB systems then the price is not even close to worth it but in my case it has been really really nice. One other thing that I have not seen mentioned is that you will have to buy headsets for your helmets at additional cost. I have the J&M headsets in HJC FS-3 helmets and like them alot but they can be a bit cost prohibitive...All in all I think I have about $1000 tied up in the CB/Intercom and feel that it was worth it to me but your mileage may vary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.