VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a 2010 Vision 8 Ball this weekend and am turning you you my fellow Voggers for advice on the exhaust and engine performance. I would really like to have a black powder coated exhaust that sounds deep and somewhat loud, but not raw. What about engine performance? Stage 1? Any advice is appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,128 Posts
I have the Stage 1 Level 2 exhaust on my bike and I love the sound. I was talking with the Service Manager, Mike Defilipps, at Prescott Valley Motorcycles (Victory Dealer-Prescott, AZ) and he mentioned a company in Mesa that could black out the exhaust for a reasonable cost. If my memory serves me you do NOT want to powder coat the exhaust due to the temps.

Hopefully someone on here can provide a manufacturer of an already blacked-out set of pipes as that would be the most economical way to go. Best of luck.....blacked out pipes on an 8-ball Vision would look awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts

My dealer has a set of the RPW 2 into 1 black ceramic coated pipes on his 8Ball.
Sound and performance is great. The black really does not match up and is very easily scratched.
Not sure of the cost, but I would go with black powder coat on my Honkers first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
I have stage 1 L2 with no baffles and a special end-cap. Sounds awesome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,128 Posts
bubba said:
I have stage 1 L2 with no baffles and a special end-cap. Sounds awesome
Bubba, Can you give us some details on your pipes? What special endcap are you talking about? Are they pricey? How does the sound compare to regular S1L2?...is it obscene when you roll on the throttle?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
+1 on anything from Lloydz. :)
http://www.lloydz.com/store/store_results.asp?Category=8&Section=Exhaust+Systems
Don't know if it's look you want or how well it holds up but Dupli Color makes a paint that turns chrome into black chrome. Might want to look into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Hello Darnell, I have just purchased a vision 8 ball (30 days ago) it is by far the most enjoyable bike I've ever had and I just can't stop looking at it especially when it's parked in the shade. The two tone black is so cool. I have added alot of the regular vision components(heated grips heated seat and motor for the windsheild and stage 1 pipes which are just right (they scream with throttle ) but don't draw to much attention of the negative kind) This week I'm adding the lighted Victory badge kit and the funny plastic wind deflectors (upper) then I'm done ; got no chrome to clean black on black with all the stuff I want for about 22500.00 Canadian dollars. Buy one you'll love it Marty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts

phoenix9 said:
bubba said:
I have stage 1 L2 with no baffles and a special end-cap. Sounds awesome
Bubba, Can you give us some details on your pipes? What special endcap are you talking about? Are they pricey? How does the sound compare to regular S1L2?...is it obscene when you roll on the throttle?

Thanks
Check out the links below. The second one is a lot of detail and pictures. Let me know if you need more, I will send you my phone number. I don't not have any issues at speed because the exit in the rear. Are they loud, yes but I can get out of my neighborhood withany issues. They have no baffles, the end cap actually is long and acts as a baffle. Personally I think they are the best sounding pipes around.
http://www.westportmotorsports.com/new_vehicle_category.asp
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/for...=end+cap&highlightmode=1&action=search#M52548
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I went with CFR (Cary Faas Racing) I have heard them on a Vision and Cross Country and they sound great. They didn't have black which would have been nice. Powder coating was cost prohibitive.
I added a Vision radio with Xm.
As soon it is ready I'll post pictures!
BTW, has anyone tinted the existing windshield? I am thinking of tinting in a manner similar to car window tint. Has anyone done this?
Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,128 Posts
Darnell,

I just had all my clear plastic pieces "smoked out", but not with tint. What they do to get the smoked-out affect is to add a little black paint to the clear coat and can make it as light or dark as you want by the amount of black they add. They only need to paint the back side of the parts so they will be protected from rock chips. I just had my windshield, upper and lower wind deflectors, plus my front turn signals and rear brake lights smoked out for $125.....although that amount was factored into a larger paint job but I think it would be pretty normal.

Take your bike into a local autobody paint shop you should be able to get a fair price on getting them smoked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts

Darnell,
Check out Cee Baileys for different size and heights for tinted windshields. You might also consider usint Night Shades to darken the lenses. I did my 8 ball lenses black and it looks great. You can do it yourself, not difficult at al. The light shines through fine too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Darnell said:
Well, I went with CFR (Cary Faas Racing) I have heard them on a Vision and Cross Country and they sound great. They didn't have black which would have been nice. Powder coating was cost prohibitive.
I added a Vision radio with Xm.
As soon it is ready I'll post pictures!
BTW, has anyone tinted the existing windshield? I am thinking of tinting in a manner similar to car window tint. Has anyone done this?
Thanks again!
How much did your radio cost & how much to install? ...Marty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally took delivery of the Vision 8 Ball on Saturday. It is beautiful. Poached my right calf on day one, air deflectors are on order! What a ride. I was on the highway for a few minutes and looked at the speedo, I was going 95! I didn't even feel like I was moving. Maybe I should have gotten cruse control to prevent speeding tickets. The bike is so comfortable and handles like a sportbike. Marty, I really can't answer the question about the cost of the radio. I bought the bike from the dealer here in Apache Junction, AZ and they came up with a sweet package deal that I couldn't refuse. The dealership has been terrific. This is the second bike I bought from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Darnell said:
I finally took delivery of the Vision 8 Ball on Saturday. It is beautiful. Poached my right calf on day one, air deflectors are on order! What a ride. I was on the highway for a few minutes and looked at the speedo, I was going 95! I didn't even feel like I was moving. Maybe I should have gotten cruse control to prevent speeding tickets. The bike is so comfortable and handles like a sportbike. Marty, I really can't answer the question about the cost of the radio. I bought the bike from the dealer here in Apache Junction, AZ and they came up with a sweet package deal that I couldn't refuse. The dealership has been terrific. This is the second bike I bought from them.
OK I understand; did you get the new piece (dashboard) which you would have on a standard fully equiped Vision tour with the lcd screen and all the preset buttons? When you post your pictures of your bike would you please take a shot of your radio set-up? Told ya you would just love this bike...Marty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Marty! The radio isn't in yet. I bought the bike on 7/14 and still all of the parts are not in yet. I know that the dash trim is going to be black like the Ness? I will absolutely take pics as soon as it is done.

I ordered the air deflector on Amazon from Colorado Powersports. The Victory website indicated that the wind deflector is unavailable! Hopefully, Colorado Powersports does, in fact have the part in inventory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Darnell said:
Hey Marty! The radio isn't in yet. I bought the bike on 7/14 and still all of the parts are not in yet. I know that the dash trim is going to be black like the Ness? I will absolutely take pics as soon as it is done.

I ordered the air deflector on Amazon from Colorado Powersports. The Victory website indicated that the wind deflector is unavailable! Hopefully, Colorado Powersports does, in fact have the part in inventory.
Thanks Darnell, I think I will also install a radio mp3 on my Vision 8 ball then she'll be the sweetest ride anywhere except yours of course.We all look forward to your pics and I'm going to sit down soon and figure how to post photos as well. I'm going to a Vic rally tommorrow and will have bunches of pics to post...Marty
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top