1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
In spirit only.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I had to work today, but I have several friends that attended.

• Winner
Reactions: Flyboy

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
World Nature Organism Font Adaptation

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
Clothing Head Glasses Chin Outerwear

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm glad everything was peaceful and everyone cleaned up after them selves to show they're not a bunch of slobs.
Or Antifa members!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
As the owner of several hand and long guns nobody would be more pissed off than me if someone tried taking them away. But personally I don't have an issue with the three bills Virginia just passed. I get it, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Ok, that's enough to get our own little riot started here.

- A limit to one handgun purchase per month

-a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales.

-a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
As the owner of several hand and long guns nobody would be more pissed off than me if someone tried taking them away. But personally I don't have an issue with the three bills Virginia just passed. I get it, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Ok, that's enough to get our own little riot started here.

You need to read the rest of the proposed bills they haven't passed... yet. They want to ban all assault weapons. They define an assault weapon as any firearm with a magazine capacity >10 rounds. It also makes it illegal to possess any gun or clip with a capacity >10 rounds with no grandfather clause. That would make about 90% of hand guns illegal. That is is not all they are proposing either. There are several others.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
17,970 Posts

It is the last one that creates killing fields...

Vertebrate World Cartoon Human Organism

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
A limit to one handgun purchase per month
I don't see what this would solve. Mass shootings are rarely spontaneous. So if I can buy one gun but want two or three I'll just buy one each month while I'm planning the rest of my plan.

But then why do I need two pistols? What I need is mags. 10rd, 15rd, 30rd it doesn't really matter I just need enough to hold a few hundred rounds and a bag to carry them.

a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales.

a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.
I think @Flyboy cartoon sums it up. If I can carry a gun it shouldn't matter where I am. The list of places I can't go should be very short. Well actually in Texas my list is very short but that's because I'm in Texas and I'm a LEO.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Where is the safest place to be armed?

...where no one else is! Works for criminals and Leo’s alike.

·
Registered
17,970 Posts
Hate to continue to confirm @lou8700 rational about camels noses and should also point out that the issue with background checks is merely that produces a list of gun owners that dipsh!ts like Bloomberg, Governor Black-face, all the Dem Candidates will use to confiscate later.

So, I don't have an issue with a common sense background check and have had them in my State, since I can remember. Even standing there in a Police uniform, they were still required. Only takes a few minutes and the State makes some coin. The term "universal" is a strange term coming from the Loon's and another slippery slope from a proven group that can't be trusted with anything to do with the Constitution:

Cartoon White Organ Organism Gesture

Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Drawing Font

·
Registered
17,970 Posts
Where is the safest place to be armed?

...where no one else is! Works for criminals and Leo's alike.
Have to say as a LEO, I didn't care about armed citizen as long as they followed instruction once I arrived... That was more of a safety thing as to an accidental discharge while they are excited.

As far as criminals, i miss the 5, 10, Life for weapons use during a crime and with an 85% minimum served for violent crimes.... Really dropped violent crime in my state during the 80s-90s.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts

Apparently you don't get the part of shall not be infringed.

And since we are losing more people to alcohol related deaths I feel we need more laws and limit
Your consumption, one bottle of liquor per month or a 24 pack of beer...You shouldn't need any more than that.

Since I feel liquor should be consumed at home no more alcohol will be sold at any venue restaurant all the bars should be close down....Breathalyzers will be installed at all package stores and if you blow over the legal limit you will immediately be arrested.

Package stores shall now be connected to police records and when you come to purchase your alcohol with your government stamp we will need to check the database if you had any alcohol related arrests.

Alcohol will no longer be sold to pregnant women or anyone who looks pregnant.

Fair that should do it?

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Why does Texas allow LEO to carry guns into places where it's illegal for others?
Is that a law you agree with?
That is the way our law is here. I can carry many places a LTC holder can not. We also have the LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act - Wikipedia) that nation wide allows current and qualified retired officers to carry in all states. So though I have my LTC it really doesn't give me more power other than skipping the background check when I buy a gun. Another main reason I have it is in the off chance I get fired or quit. I will not have to be without my pistol as I will have that to fall back on. I will loose some privileges but not all.

As to our law here in Texas I have to say I am ok with it but would really like to give some of the same places back to LTC folks. We already gave churches and we saw what that did. I would say next we should give back the schools. If I have a LTC and a kid playing football I should be able to enter the grounds with my gun. How many school shootings, mass shootings, or just straight murders are committed by people with a LTC. I am guessing slim to none. I will always rather other folks to be armed than be standing in a gun free zone. A gun free zone is only that for the good people. Bad guys don't give two sh!ts about it. If they are there to commit murder they certainly are not worried about breaking any lesser law. These just gives the criminal a place to go shoot fish in a barrel.

Reactions: Flyboy and lou8700

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I was just thinking back to a time that my wife was in school and though it was a nice school it was surrounded by sh!t. They had many attacks on campus and robberies constantly. Because of this the few times she had to go down there I would take her and walk her where she needed to go. Luckily she was taking class online but had to turn some things in and take some tests on the grounds from time to time. Plus for whatever reason this would usually be done at night. So while this was great for my wife not all women have a live in police officer willing to be their armed guard 24/7 and driver. So I was really glad when campus carry started to become a thing. I want to give good people every opportunity and tool we can to make sure they can combat evil and make sure they are the one to stick around and tell the story.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.