VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
The plug and play module will certainly save you some time. With it you don't have to remove as many parts or locate optional wiring. It can be done with out the module, but as I wrote it would bealot easier job with it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
OneThumb said:
At a dealer's meeting,our dealerwas told it couldn't be done.
Thats cause up hear in Canada we get the shaft!! Thare is so much that they say we can't get up hear that they've got down thare. With alot of stuff and not just pertaining to bikes ither. Thats what you get when the population is only 10,000 country wide hahahaha

·
Registered
13 Posts
LOL! My clutch works just fine, Evil. My bike was too quiet, said the producer. He edited the footage with some sound effects.

Yep, can be done. And has been done on a whole lot of bikes. The solid-state converter was done basically because I just didn't think the stock light was bright enough. And I didn't want to rewire the back end of the bike to get brighter. Looked into an upgrade that has you drill out the back of the lights and glue in a set of LED's, but the voltage didn't have enough strength to drive the LEDs to as bright as I was looking for. I just want to be seen on the road and if it's so bright that it's distracting.... so be it. Plus, I loved how that chrome light tied in with the rest of my chrome package!

If you guys have any questions regarding the voltage converter, please zap me a note on [email protected] It installs on Vegas, KPs, JPs, and Hammers, model years '05-08.
Rick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, I'm definitely getting one of these! You guys selling the whole package or just the wiring? You could probably squeeze in about $5 over cost just for convenience sake! But it's time to install my passenger pegs, be back!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

I ordered Ricks module (received it promptly) and have an 09 Kingpin tailight ordered from my dealer. My dealer/tech confirmed that I can go this route or custom wire the lamp. Since it's under warranty I went the module and stock lamp plug and play just to be safe.
Just to save some of you research time, the clear tailight from Witchdoctors ( the one I wanted) is only available for the Vegas/Jackpot and not for the Kingpin.
I laughed at his clutch/acceleration skills too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dan, I build the voltage converters and plug adapters. That's all I do. I leave the new light distribution to the big guys like Witchdoctor (who, offers the lights at a pretty good price).

You're right, Scott. No chrome for the KPs. What's up with that???

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am newbie to this site.

I just saw this video and it seems like a great product. How much does one of these cost to get the full upgrade?

Including the rear light, module, and Rear LED

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Red,
The voltage converter harness I make comes with both the converter and the light plug adapter. The set is $75.00 (shipping is included) for VOG members. Please use the email address at the end of the video (UPGRA[email protected]) if you're interested.

The light can be ordered from either Witchdoctor or Noemtz, or through a dealer.

Ride safe.
Rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Reply to RickyG:

Good to know... I will def contact you when I am looking into making this upgrade.

Question do they make rear lights that also intagrate into a turn signal and brake light? Ive seen them on Kawa Mean Streaks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Red,
If you're asking about my blinker assembly in the video, the one with sequential LEDs, it is not from a big manufacturer. Glen (other guy in the video) builds them for Vegas's. This unit is different than others you may see on Victory product sites.... It is fully programmable.... Rider has control of blinker pattern, speed, number of flashes before solid on a brake signal....etc. The light "runs" down the strip. The housing that fits up under the fender is anodized aluminum, not plastic. The unit is also plug and play. Glen is at [email protected] if you've questions.

I have a few plug and play voltage converter harnesses left in this batch, if you're interested.
Christmas is coming.....
Ride safe!
Rick

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
well the thing that needs to be mentioned, if you're a lucky 03/04 owner it's a plug a play since the transformers were attached to the tail light and 12v is ran all the way back. Later model years they built the controller into the turn signal controller module that so many have chosen to blow up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Absolutely right, Redpin. Another reason why some of us are hesitant to rewire the back end of the bike.... That dreaded $300 ACM that is WAY too fragile... As you said, lots of $300 paperweights out there (pre-2005 bikes are good to go, voltage-wise.... 12v volts at the back already).

Again, the harness will help all the 05-08 bikes, as they only have a 3v LED in the tail light...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.