1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Riding way beyond their ability.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
rider ability and rider equipment. Some of these guys accelerated way too hard out of the turns. Many of them made the fatal mistake of looking where they were going instead of where they want to go.

Anyhow, a lot of these bikes are stupid fast and people go above their skill levels.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I watched it 3x. This is a must see!! I can't help it - I laughed & laughed. That's why I ride a cruiser. I'm not a speed racer. Nope.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
This video is a good wake up call for me. I'm constantly pushing my Vision to it's limit, I've had a few moments, more than I like.
Time for me to ease off and keep some reserve for when I really need it.
thanks for posting this

·
Registered
265 Posts

ddawg said:
I watched it 3x. This is a must see!! I can't help it - I laughed & laughed. That's why I ride a cruiser. I'm not a speed racer. Nope.
I used to be, had not fear. But the older I get (62) the slower I ride.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
After looking at them all they are all rider error. Hopefully they learn for their mistakes and at least they are wearing decent gear and most walked away.

The single biggest mistake, applying power while you're still dragging hard parts. If you are on the edge of tire adhesion why in the world would you add more power to the mix. Why, because you don't have the skills yet to ride at that level.

It's comical that they are dragging hard parts on this slow turn. They need to learn now to get their fat asses of the center of the seat and let their body change the COG instead of the bike then learn to use the power to right the bike instead of washing it out. Watch racers flick their bikes through slow turns and you see they use 10 degrees or more LESS lean than these clowns. A decent rider could hustle the Cross or a Vision through that turn easily as fast as them and not drag a single hard part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.