VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While it's difficult to explain, riding a three-wheeled vehicle is a completely different dynamic than riding a two-wheeled motorcycle. So, instead of attempting to describe it, here's a video that attempts to show you how the rider leans, but the Spyder does not:

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I think your neighbors are going to be complaining about you, isnt the posted speed limit 15mph?
But for the video, sort of interesting riding style on that thing. I finally see what you have been trying to explain to me...

·
Registered
717 Posts
I sat on an RT this past Saturday at a bike show in Boston.
A little bigger than the one I sat on last year but still a bit too small for me.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Wow i dont remember all those bumps around your house!
Since you are covering left, right, and center with your wheels im assuming you will hit more of the stuff on the roads than just center tracking like a bike.
I think its a pretty good indication of how you ride the Spyder.
I wonder if there is a way to mount your camera out front of the shield facing you? I think that would really show how much lean you are actually putting in.
Nice video, maybe a little less volume on the music. :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That looks like fun Andy! Thanks for the video.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bhayes said:
Excellent job on the video Andy, the various camera angles were blended in nicely together and do give a great impression of the rider experience.
Thanks! I'm experimenting with different onboard camera systems.
More to come!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice Video Andy. Do you like it as well as 2 wheels? Looks like it could be a lot of fun. I thought I saw younot come to a complete stop at on eof theos stop signs.LOL Might have to find one for a test ride.

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
Holy cobwebs Batman! That was a great Spyder movie.

I really liked it. Looks like its a hoot to ride.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I want to know more about those stylish riding boots you were wearing LOL

Excellent video as always Andy, agree with Clubford about the music, I wanted to hear the bike.
Is that the amount of lean required to negotiate the turns? I wish you many safe miles.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Candubrain said:

Excellent video as always Andy, agree with Clubford about the music, I wanted to hear the bike.
Is that the amount of lean required to negotiate the turns? I wish you many safe miles.
Yeah, what happened to All the Gear All the Time? LOL

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Candubrain said:

Yeah, my Buddies at the MSF already gave me some grief about my lack of gear. While I don't have an excuse for not wearing the boots, while I had to video this run four times at different camera angles, only once did I not have the gloves on.
In terms of the music, I was hoping to get some more of the exhaust note, but it was a windy day and the camera picked up a lot of wind noise...so the music helped mask it.
The amount of required lean is just like a motorcycle...the faster you're taking a turn, the more you'll lean. If you're riding slowly, very little lean is needed.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Good video Andy, looks pretty much what I would have expected though, much like riding a big touring sled up here in February.
As I was watching it I couldn't help think that it won't take long for some haywire up here to slap a set of skis on the front of one of those and a track on the back so he could use it year round.LOL
Can't waitto see somebody take one of those through the Dragon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.