VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Part -1 of 2 of our guided tour ride through Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Colorado. It took place on Thursday, August 10, 2010.

Our Tour Guide was Deanna from Zoot Scoot Scooter Rentals in Estes Park and she provided an excellent experience and allowed us to see sights and roads that many tourists may not have experienced.

If you're heading to that area and would like to have a personal Tour Guide, I can highly recommend Deanna as she knows the mountain like the back of her hand. Her site is: http://www.zootscootestes.com/.

Part 2 will most likely be posted next week. Until then, enjoy the ride.

And as always, Comments Are Welcomed!

P.S. If you have a good broadband Internet connection, press the button on the lower right side of the YouTube player to check it out in True HD.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
.....and to think, at that moment in time we actually thought it was cold.......we hadn't seen anything yet!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

phoenix9 said:
.....and to think, at that moment in time we actually thought it was cold.......we hadn't seen anything yet!
But Andy already added some clothes...lol
That was a great view behind you guys and she seems like it's not her first time in front of a camera.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dsjr70 said:
phoenix9 said:
That was a great view behind you guys and she seems like it's not her first time in front of a camera.
Yes, Mark was kind enough to loan me an extra jacket as I didn't have heated grips or seat or a fairing that blocked the cool (and later cold) wind. The next installment of the video will paint a different story. Hey, it was cold enough were I was looking for Santa Claus!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

According to Don, Santa Claus was busy booking flights and hotel rooms......

Sorry OT!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I'm guessing with the precipitation already there were gonna maybe see some white stuff in the next installment.
Nice vid, Andy what camera did you have on the bike, and how was it mounted?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
No snow Dean, but we had everything else......including our own cloud.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Clubford00 said:
I'm guessing with the precipitation already there were gonna maybe see some white stuff in the next installment.
My guess is GoPro. I want one of those.
Awesome video!! Looks like so much fun!! That area should be closed to all cagers....JMHO

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Great video Andy,you're still climbing mountains.
Mark you have great scenery in your area, going to make it one of my destinations for sure.
One the thing, we did Mt. Washington in New Hampshire 1st week in August, elevation 6,288 ft . with no trees, we were above the tree line and 34 degrees F. at the base it was also in the 70s F.
You started out at 7,625 ft. and thereare trees still at that level and in the 70s.
you stopped at 11,000 ft and it was cold at 55F.
Keep the pictures coming, enjoying them.
(PS) To all my fellow Clauses
We will not hijack this thread just to increaseour counts.
SS

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andy said:
P.S. If you have a good broadband Internet connection, press the button on the lower right side of the YouTube player to check it out in True HD.
Here's a screen shot of the HD Settings. Again, unless you have a fast Internet connection (most likely a wired connection), the video could "stagger" when set to the highest playback setting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The park is a great ride I went the same route this summer. I hope you guys had as much enjoyment as I did. Spectacular views and great roads (until the road construction, one lane of gravel as they repaved the other lane). I had to buy the "I rode mine to the top" T-shirt I saw at the Alpine visitor center. I saw elk & moose on my way down the mountain a little ways past Milner pass.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Clubford00 said:
I had two cameras mounted on the helmet - A Contour HD on the side and a Hero Go Pro HD on the top. I ended up using more of the Hero footage than I did from the Contour.

Also, at the highest elevation, I had some problems with the Contour. For whatever reason, it must need more Oxygen than the Hero. Or, of course, it could have been user error.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Andy said:
dsjr70 said:
phoenix9 said:
Yes, Mark was kind enough to loan me an extra jacket as I didn't have heated grips or seat or a fairing that blocked the cool (and later cold) wind. The next installment of the video will paint a different story. Hey, it was cold enough were I was looking for Santa Claus!
You didn't bring your heated vest with you?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dsjr70 said:
No heated vest for this trip.

I guess I forgot to factor in the wind chill in the mountains in my planning! Also, unlike Phoenix9, I didn't have all the "creature comforts" on the Big Rukus that he had on his Vision!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Andy said:
dsjr70 said:

I guess I forgot to factor in the wind chill in the mountains in my planning! Also, unlike Phoenix9, I didn't have all the "creature comforts" on the Big Rukus that he had on his Vision!

34 degrees F here and that's at 6,288 FT.
You guys were cold? LOL
Give me a break.
It must have been a Dry Cold, you're right, that can bemuch worse.
OT

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Andy said:
dsjr70 said:

What no stereo!!! Just messing... That looked like a really nice area to ride. I wish I would take more pictures of my rides but I never think about it until after I stop... Heck, I dont think I took more then 5 pics when we all went to the Keys.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.