VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, here's Part 2 of the Rocky Mountain Video. This one shows us reaching our goal of 12,090 feet. The ride down is nothing short of scenic!

(NOTE: The same video with a different soundtrack is located below...scroll down to view it).

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Hey, we even got the little duckies in the video there at the end! That was a nice prop bringing those little guys along Andy.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Great video Andy and Mark scenery at its Peak.
How long was the road to the top?

Nice touch adding the ducks,now only if you could haveadded a couple of Quacks.
Were they Peking Ducks or just about to be?
45 degrees warm enough for the ducks, it looks like the just hatched.
OT

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Just to add a couple more comments: Andy, I think your video did a good job of showing some of the great scenery and vistas and you really got a good feeling of what it was like to drive right up into that cloud layer......and you could really hear the wind whipping by us when we were shooting the video at the top. I was definitely warmer on the bike than I was standing there for that part of the video shoot.

As for the speeds and for those watching the video thinking hell, I could definitely go a lot faster, I'll tell you this: as we were coming back down we saw a National Park Ranger writing tickets to a couple motorcyclists that I can only assume were getting a little too aggressive on their ride. There are more than enough places to open up your bike outside the park, but this is not one of them just because you would be missing the point of taking this ride.

One last thing Andy, we love our VOG theme song, but some of John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" would have been perfect for that video......damn copyright infringements.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
OneThumb said:

Great video Andy and Mark scernery at its Peak.
How long was the road to the top?

Nice touch adding the ducks,now only if you could haveadded a couple of Quacks.
Were they Peking Ducks or just about to be?
45 degrees warm enough for the ducks, it looks like the just hatched.
OT
OT,

The total ride was 4 hours and probably around 40 miles or so in the park. If the weather had been perfect and you didn't want to stop and take pictures you could probably find 70-100 miles of riding, but the scenery just begs you to stop every chance you get.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Great video. Makes me want find some mountains to ride.

However, I didn't care for the music. I realize it is your theme song but 9 min. of it was a little too much for me.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'll be the first to agree about the theme music on these videos. (Imagine what it's like hearing it over and over when I'm editing the footage!).
Typically, if it's an interview segment, you only hear the opening and the closing. But on these types of "riding" segments, since the wind noise was over bearing on the recordings and basically unusable, I didn't have a lot of choices.
AsPhoenix9 pointed out, "Copyright Infringements" keep me from using other music on this type of video.
Hopefully soon, we'll add to our music library and get some more music that can be used on this type of segment.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

phoenix9 said:
As for the speeds and for those watching the video thinking hell, I could definitely go a lot faster, I'll tell you this: as we were coming back down we saw a National Park Ranger writing tickets to a couple motorcyclists that I can only assume were getting a little too aggressive on their ride. There are more than enough places to open up your bike outside the park, but this is not one of them just because you would be missing the point of taking this ride.
One more point...
Did you notice that in much of the road, there is NO shoulder? If you get in a situation where you have to swerve, there's no place to go.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Nice video gang! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Putter said:
Great video. Makes me want find some mountains to ride.

However, I didn't care for the music. I realize it is your theme song but 9 min. of it was a little too much for me.
Never want to hear that tune as long as I live (kidding)not

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Okay, you spoke, I listened,
Here's the same segment with different music. (Yes, the VOG Theme is still in the opening/closing, but different "legal" music is used in the rest of the video...during the riding footage).
So, any votes on this?
The first new track kicks in around 0:50 into the video.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Andy said:
phoenix9 said:
One more point...
Did you notice that in much of the road, there is NO shoulder? If you get in a situation where you have to swerve, there's no place to go.
Not good!!!! That's "nervous time!!"

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ddawg said:
Andy said:
phoenix9 said:
One more point...
Not good!!!! That's "nervous time!!"
Amazingly, people were driving in a very civilized manner.

That's how I knew we weren't in Florida anymore!

Yeah, that and those huge mountains!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Okay, I firmly believe this entire series of video was trick photography.
It is my experience that if there is a camera, motorcycles, and an organized ride you will also find DL1000, as I did not see him in any of the segments, it's fake! all a hoax!

LOL very well presented Andy, enjoyed the scenery, very reminiscent of the Beartooth Pass.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Andy said:
Okay, you spoke, I listened,
Here's the same segment with different music. (Yes, the VOG Theme is still in the opening/closing, but different "legal" music is used in the rest of the video...during the riding footage).
So, any votes on this?
The first new track kicks in around 0:50 into the video.
I like the VOG theme song but it was a bit much hearing it over and over. I like the second one (the one I quoted in this reply) better. Nice job Andy.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Excellent video guys, especially with the new music ;-). I certainly wouldn't be getting too cocky on that road with the no shoulder situation. Reminded me of riding 89A from Flagstaff to Sedona in Arizona.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.