VOG Forum banner

Video - LED Headlight Comparison

3126 11
I read a lot of people asking questions about various types of headlights, ranging from intensity, color temperature, beam pattern and cost.

In this video I took 4 different types of headlights that I have and tried to give you as much information as possible on each one.

And yes, two of them come from the LED Factory Mart in China.

I am not going to tell you which one is better, but to give you as much data so you can make an informed decision if you are looking for one.

Click here to watch my video.

I am not making any money from anyone, I am doing these videos for you.

Thank you
Paul Pomerleau
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,426 Posts
thanks for doing a great video and comparison for the products - however - I truely belive there should be some kind of regulation of these products : there are few things worse when you're driving at night than to be blinded by some jackhole in any type of vehicle either from the front or behind you ...
just a peeve I have about these products

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I read a lot of people asking questions about various types of headlights, ranging from intensity, color temperature, beam pattern and cost.

In this video I took 4 different types of headlights that I have and tried to give you as much information as possible on each one.

And yes, two of them come from the LED Factory Mart in China.

I am not going to tell you which one is better, but to give you as much data so you can make an informed decision if you are looking for one.

Click here to watch my video.

I am not making any money from anyone, I am doing these videos for you.

Thank you
Paul Pomerleau
OUTSTANDING!

No wonder people say once you adjust the chinese LED's low beam the high beam becomes a useless bat light. I am surprised there was that much of a diffrence in candlepower I honestly thought it would have more. The color diffrence between the Victory OEM and chinese unit is about what I figured.

I will have to look into the LED bulbs for a different application, I think it is very neat having the ability to adjust the pattern like that.

Don't I owe ya a oil change kit now?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
thanks for doing a great video and comparison for the products - however - I truely belive there should be some kind of regulation of these products : there are few things worse when you're driving at night than to be blinded by some jackhole in any type of vehicle either from the front or behind you ...
just a peeve I have about these products
There is!

You will notice on both LED units there is a well defined parting line (shadow) which the light stays below while the low beam is on. All LED light assemblies must have this, my LED aux lights have it, the HD Daymaker lights have it, even some of the cheap import lights have it.

This all came about because of people using HID or LED bulbs in standard halogen headlight housings that did not properly focus or project the light being emitted.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Help me out here people, please...... First though, thanks to you once more Paul for a precise and informative video.....

Question...... Should the colour rating be more pertinent to making a choice or the intensity....

According to this set up, I would have to go for the LED bulbs or the victory full LED light.....

As money is always a factor for me, I will actually go looking for those LFM H11 bulbs as I believe they have to be a hell of a lot cheaper than the sealed up led headlight from Victory.....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Help me out here people, please...... First though, thanks to you once more Paul for a precise and informative video.....

Question...... Should the colour rating be more pertinent to making a choice or the intensity....

According to this set up, I would have to go for the LED bulbs or the victory full LED light.....

As money is always a factor for me, I will actually go looking for those LFM H11 bulbs as I believe they have to be a hell of a lot cheaper than the sealed up led headlight from Victory.....
If you go to the description panel below my video it will show you where I got these lights and how much they cost.

Personally I like a white light over a yellow light on a vehicle.
The OEM halogen bulbs are 3000 kelvin (K) and are in the yellow spectrum.
White light is around 5000-6000K. Anything higher than that and you start getting into the blue spectrum and could be illegal in some areas. But none of these lights fall into that category.

I also like a strong intensity light to cut through the darkness. So the brighter the better for me. But again there are legal limits on how bright you can go on headlights.

The H11 LED insert replacement bulbs from LED Factory Mart (LFM) in China had the brightest, whitest light of the four I tested. And they were also the cheapest at $59.99. But they may pose a problem installing them because of how far they stick out the back. You will have to move some wires around at least on the CCT models. And they are only as good as the reflectors that you put them in. That's why they are nice that you can adjust the beam pattern. It is a cool product.

The Victory Beacon light is just as bright and white as the H11's but it is the most expensive of the lights tested at $367.99.

That's about all I can tell you Gramps...
Let me know if there is anything else.
Paul

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
367.99 CAD = 380.094 AUD If that figure you quoted was Canadian.....
If not then 367.99 USD = 488.701 AUD :angel4:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.