VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us carry around an expensive clutch cable repair kit, I do too.
I can't believe what they charge for a simple piece of cable and a couple of cable stops.
Others have said to go to the stores and buy some cable and cable stops but they don't say how long and they don't mention that one of the cable stops has to be modified at the lever side.

In this video I show you step by step instructions on exactly how to make a functioning clutch cable repair kit that only cost me a few dollars.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Good enough two other threads popped up after this one about this video.
I like the idea having already spent stupid money on the same thing in my saddlebag.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most of us carry around an expensive clutch cable repair kit, I do too.
I can't believe what they charge for a simple piece of cable and a couple of cable stops.
Others have said to go to the stores and buy some cable and cable stops but they don't say how long and they don't mention that one of the cable stops has to be modified at the lever side.

In this video I show you step by step instructions on exactly how to make a functioning clutch cable repair kit that only cost me a few dollars.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.
i'm new to this , where can i buy these parts Pauljp

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put it in the description box in the video, I live in Canada and I picked up the cable and set screws at Home Depot and the cable stops from Canadian Tire. I've heard in the States you can get them at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Don;t know if you got the info but think big box" - 3/32 garage door cable. Get about ten feet.(you will have plenty extra). A pack of dorman cable stops. Pull the old cable out of the housing. Thread the new cable into the existing housing. Attach the cable stops. Make sure you adjust the cable. Fifteen minutes and your back on the road. I stole this from somewhere on here (i believe) haven't broke a cable on either of my bikes - yet - But will do this when it happens. LMYR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.