VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts

Andy,
Nice begining review. I look forward to your review of the intercom function. On our previous bike we have tried bluetooth before (IMC Camos ) but we were not happy with it at all. The sound quality at highway speeds was terrible. We could barlely hear each other and from the reviews of other systems it seemed bluetooth just was not quite there yet. We ended up going to a wired system. Now that we have our Vision we were hoping Bluetooth has come of age and quality is there. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks,
BreadmanRo

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Great start Andy. One thing i can add to the speaker issue. When i installed my speakers, although they sounded ok , i felt they needed to be closer to my ear.
So i took them out and added a 1/2 " foam block shaped to fit in the ear area, then installed the speakers on top of the foam. Instantly the volume and clarity was better. Just an idea.

Also Don, its so buddys can point out hot babes along the road so their friends dont miss em !

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I've already got the Q2 and won't be upgrading for the minimal benefits of this model however as a communication device between 2 bikes they work out very well.

I borrowed Viciousdwarf one of my headsets and we used them last week for trip. A few rare times I bellowed out quick changes instead of signaling hoping he'd follow. Range was ok, could be better but I was happy with it's performance.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
advntrus said:
bikendad said:
dsjr70 said:
Nice video and informative, I just dont understand why people want to talk to each other on bikes?
+1, Only thing I can figure is they're not married ;-)
Like I said. The Mute button needs to be redesigned. My suggestion is a 3-4' cord so that it can be mounted near/on the crotch. This way you are garranteed that she will not go anywhere NEAR it.
Shawn
NICE!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had previously sent Cardo an email about the battery replacement concerns that have been expressed and not fully addressed. That was a couple of weeks ago. Today, I finally received a reply and, as expected, it was not completely responsive to the actual question. Here is what it says:

"Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

Cardo Systems will soon be announcing a scala-rider Battery Replacement Program for headsets outside of the 1 year manufacturer's warranty period and requiring a battery replacement.

Please share your contact information so we may contact you once the program is launched.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you with any other questions.

Best Regards,"

·
Registered
583 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Nice video and informative, I just dont understand why people want to talk to each other on bikes?
I like to use them on sportbikes cuz when you're lane splitting at 90 mph it's hard to keep an eye on your buddies. It helps to warn of cagers that aren't paying atttention or crap on the road too. I NEVER would give one to my girlie though... LOL

·
Registered
153 Posts
Question:
I have the iPhone cable and it works very well with my VV. The issue I have is that sometimes while starting up the G4 and bike at the same time, the music will start playing in my headset. For now, I have to stop, get to the phone, go to the ipod app and change the output from g4 to bike. It can be a pain in the @$$ If I'm taking off when it happens and I need to pull over to correct. Anyone know of any tricks, sequencing requirements to prevent this. Can I turn off the A2DP streaming from the headset to point it back to the bike stereo? I currently still have a iPhone 3g, is there a iPod setting to prevent it from outputting to the G4 or to make the bike the default? I want my G4 and phone connected for calls but never want the music to go to the headset.

Also: Any tips/tricks for reducing wind noise or improving noise cancelation?

·
Registered
80 Posts
CVI-Cowboy said:
Question:
....... I want my G4 and phone connected for calls but never want the music to go to the headset.

Also: Any tips/tricks for reducing wind noise or improving noise cancelation?
I have an Android Motorola smart phone. The phone service seems to work just fine with my G4, but music HAS to be piped in via 3.5mm cable. Or, an alternative is to ditch the Android for music completely and just listen to the bike's onboard radio via speakers. Not the G4. I have a VV 2008 without the CB option. Can anyone suggest a way to pipe music into the G4 via bluetooth? Thanks WR

·
Registered
160 Posts
[link='http://www.plugup.com/scala_rider_stereo_earbud_adapter_p/ad%20sca.htm']http://www.plugup.com/scala_rider_stereo_earbud_adapter_p/ad%20sca.htm[/link]Or upgrade. I'm thinking about doing this and wearing my earbuds instead of the OEM scala helmet speakers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Two words: The Wife

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.