VOG Forum banner

Video: 2018 Mid Atlantic Meet

947 10
I've been MIA the last couple of weeks. Just thought I would share a video of where I've been.

I spent last week in and around Asheville, NC (Maggie Valley area) for the Mid Atlantic Meet. It is an annual event over on the M109Riders forum. We normally change the location of the meet every 2 years so we get a verity of areas to ride. I help organize the event along with a friend that lives over in Indianapolis.

This was our first year bringing it to Asheville, so we will be there the week following Father's Day again next year if anyone wants to join in on the fun. All bikes are welcome, but it is primarily an M109 meet.

We normally take over a hotel and the hotel parking lot. We bring easy up tents for covered parking for the bikes and chairs, coolers, and grills for the evening activities. I bring the raffle items, so with all that, I have no choice but to trailer the bikes for this event.

My wife's Spyder was in the shop for warranty work and my M109 has a leak at the threads of one of the fittings for the air ride. I didn't get a chance to fix it before the meet, so I left it at home. There was no doubt in my mind that the Concours was going to make the trip. Kind planned on that ever since I bought it. My wife prefers the Magnum for 2up riding, so I brought both bikes. We had 5 days of riding planned, but got rained out on Thursday. That was ok tho. As it ended up, a really good friend of mine decided to get married at the Maggie Valley Chapel on Thursday. I was one of the few that knew about it ahead of time.

So with 4 days of riding, I compromised with my wife and rode the Concours 2 days and the Magnum the other 2 days. Of course, since I was picking and leading the routes, I knew which days I wanted to ride each bike. Had an absolute blast the whole trip.

Anyway, from this point on, you are welcome to continue reading, or feel free to skip to the bottom of the post and watch a video I put together of our trip. Several video clips edited together along with some still pictures thrown in. It will consume about 6 mins of your time that you will never get back, but hopefully you find it entertaining and worthy of your lost time.

Several of the still pics will probably require some explaining, but I'll just answer those questions as you post them.

Now, the rest of the time I was MIA was because just before our trip, my son decided to get married on Father's Day. It was a big wedding with rehearsals, dinner, fittings, big reception, the whole 9 yards! Then we left on the trip the next day. This week I have been trying to catch up at work from all the time I was out. Things should be getting back to normal now.

Here is the video. Let me know what you think. If you do have questions about any of the pictures, post them up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice Video, looks like a really nice area ;). Sure sounds like you have been busy, congrats on your son's wedding :).
It is by far the best riding on the east coast! If you have never been to that area, you really should plan a trip there some time. I'll be headed back there in October for the Spyder Rally with my wife. I may have to trailer the bikes for that meet too. I don't know if I will be able to talk her into riding down. It is about a5.5 - 6 hour drive on the interstate with no stops. Just guessing, probably 8-10 hour ride taking back roads and with fuel stops. You are welcome to come out and ride with us while we are there. It is the week of Columbus Day thru the following weekend. I'm planning to check in on Monday and check out Sunday.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't anyone watch videos anymore? ...or did I just post this in a section no one looks at?

If you have time, check it out and let me know what you think. It is edited and pretty fast pace, not just raw footage.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard to say, I caught it on the active topics after you posted. Some nice bikes and scenery on your video for sure !! ;) and well done IMO.
Thanks! I don't monetize my videos or anything like that. Just wanting to get a few others to check it out and give feedback on the editing. I did some edited videos a few years back on the ATVs. I liked the way this one turned out other than my camera lady holding her phone the wrong way for part of it. :biggrin:

I'm considering doing more in the future if the editing I did is acceptable. I have a couple of gopros I haven't used in a couple of years. Probably need some new batteries for them.

I'll give it a little more time in this thread. It is a holiday week after all. I appreciate the bump tho!

Reactions: BoilerMan

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, one last bump.

Let me know what you think of the editing. Should make more videos in the future or was this just a waste of time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
A lot of faces I know! CJ looked happy even though he got hitched! Missed seeing Harris and Andy. Hope to make it one year. Will have to get with some Texas and Florida guys to see if we can crash it. Haven't seen them since the Louisiana/Texas run. Glad you had a good time, as usual!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A lot of faces I know! CJ looked happy even though he got hitched! Missed seeing Harris and Andy. Hope to make it one year. Will have to get with some Texas and Florida guys to see if we can crash it. Haven't seen them since the Louisiana/Texas run. Glad you had a good time, as usual!
You definitely need to crash the party! It would be great to finally meet you. Always a good time, but the riding is so much better down in that area. 2019 would be a good year to plan on going. It will most likely be a new location in 2020.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
OK, one last bump.

Let me know what you think of the editing. Should make more videos in the future or was this just a waste of time?

Thanks!
Well done I enjoyed it! I have the attention span of a three year old so six minutes is kinda long but I watched the whole thing. Maybe post it on the Show us a picture of you're ride this weekend and Just for fun Video of the day so more people will find it.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well done I enjoyed it! I have the attention span of a three year old so six minutes is kinda long but I watched the whole thing. Maybe post it on the Show us a picture of you're ride this weekend and Just for fun Video of the day so more people will find it.
Yeah, I normally try to keep videos to 3-4 mins. Maybe 5 mins tops. It was difficult just getting this one down to 6mins with a whole week's worth of pics and videos.

I thought about posting it in the "show us a picture of your ride this weekend" thread but didn't want to hijack it asking for feed back. I'm more looking for feed back than number of views.

Reactions: lou8700
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.