VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

ROFLMAO
DSJR70 don't be waiting for Victory to be hiring you as a spokesmen.
I did not ride a CR but I did sit on one and felt pretty much the same way as you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is a perfect example of what I enjoy most about this site. People are allowed to have an opinion, even if it disagrees with the Mothership.

On many brand-oriented websites, any less than perfect reviews would be criticized by the masses.

It's nice to see a site that is not filled with Sheep. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
advntrus said:
Own a 07' KP
Just started riding again after 26 years off.
I rode a XR too. I have to say that I never really saw the XR as a "Touring" bike. I know that's the class Vic wants to put it in. I just don't think it does the bike justice to do that. I liked it better than the Road Glide for sure. I would think many of those riders would consider a XR.
I didn't take issue with the gages. I did find it a little difficult to reach the toe shifter. Didn't help that the dealer didn't set it high enough to get a boot under it either. Suspension was better than a KP. Wind management was about the same. Better control at slower speeds.
I think that if you're looking at a Kingpin, you'll want to at least ride the XR.
Shawn
I've ridden both the CC and CR and I think Shawn points out some things that Don was IMHO overly critical on. The wind management is the same as all other bikes in this class and certainly not much different than a Road King which is the bike this is targeted towards.

It sounds like this was the same one I rode in New Smyrna and yes, the shifter was not adjusted properly AT ALL. Also, the shifter and the brake move on a track and can be moved forward or rearward 1" in either direction. Properly adjusted controls would help a lot.

Touring means something different to most people.
Would I tour on a CR, nope.
Does that mean that someone who tours on a Road King is nuts, nope.
Will people who ride windshielded baggers today like the CR, Probably.

Don and I wouldn't choose a CR because we don't like that style of bike. I don't think that makes it a bad bike and to be fair, you really need to interview someone who rides a Road King style bike and loves it to see what the real verdict is.

BTW, I suspect lowers on the CR will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

MJW930, you make a great point about a rider's current bike and their perception of what a touring bike should be, but regardless of bikes, I think Don has an extremely valid point on the handle bars, as I had the exact same issue on my Roadliner with the position of the bars. Why is it that on a bagger the manufacturer thinks that "low and wide" is the way to go. If a guys main objective of a bike was to look cool while ridingthen I suspect that person would be looking at a Hammer or Jackpot type of bike. When you are on a touring bagger the last thing you want is to have back pain after 30-45 minutes of riding.
The handlebar position on the Vision was absolutely one of the top reason why I love that bike....they finally got it right. If I want to lean forward I will, but I don't want to be forced into that position.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Good thing Andy was not around when I took a vision for a ride.
DSJR has valid points, but remember, i'm 6' 4" and when I sat on the Cross Roads it fit very well, no reaching forward for me, handle bars were perfect, for me.
Now the vision, thats another story.
I felt like I was sitting on a 750 honda, way too cramped, could'nt move in my seat, just did not fit me.
It seemed to handle ok, I wasn't really impressed with the roll on power, my kingpin pulled way harder, and like many others here, I almost broke my ankle taking off, thatonly happened once !
I would look at a vision 8-ball as a second bike, never a daily rider, and the vision tour, no thank you.
So it seems that everyone has good points and bad points about this new bike, i'll give my review once one is sitting in my garage.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spider said:
I felt like I was sitting on a 750 honda, way too cramped, could'nt move in my seat, just did not fit me.
And to me, the Vision was like a Limo...

But Spider, I know how you feel...

·
Registered
807 Posts

DSJR, you have been proven so wrong by the latest issue of Rider magazine, the non-word "pwned" seems to fit. Their review indicates the buffeting is minimal, the handlebars fall to hand, and basically, you can't go wrong with either bike. We'll be looking for your retraction in the near future.
But seriously... another bike?? Sheesh...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

I think some people take things too literal.
Vic has put these bikes ( the CC and CR ) into the touring segment, and that's not bad, but just do not try to compare them to a full blown touring bike, they are not !
So, maby papa vic used the wrong words for some here ?
I really don't give a crap if you call them " touring " bikes or not, they have to be two of the best looking rides out there to date, call em what you will, just don't try to write an honest review if your already against them from the start.
Compare them to the Harley's they are out there to compete against, not the Vision, or Goldwing or BMW'S.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Andy said:
spider said:
And to me, the Vision was like a Limo...

But Spider, I know how you feel...

Yes Andy, me and you are definitly at two ends of the rider size, good luck trying to make a machine that fits us both, lol.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Trekwolf164 said:
ROFLMAO
DSJR70 don't be waiting for Victory to be hiring you as a spokesmen.
I did not ride a CR but I did sit on one and felt pretty much the same way as you.
Hey, I said before and I will say it again... I am NOT a Victory fanboy. I love my Suzuki's. With that said, my new Vision is the 2nd best highway bike I have been on and the Vegas is the best bar hopper I have ever had. Trust me, I have had more bikes in my garage then most people have ever owned, I also ride at minimum 40k miles a year and a max of 70k, I know what I like... I hate to say it but the Vegas is a better bike, maybe that is why it is priced higher then the XR? Think about it...lol

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
KP-Charlie said:
This is a perfect example of what I enjoy most about this site. People are allowed to have an opinion, even if it disagrees with the Mothership.

On many brand-oriented websites, any less than perfect reviews would be criticized by the masses.

It's nice to see a site that is not filled with Sheep. Keep up the great work.
Sorry, trying to reply to every one without it getting confusing... I think Andy asked me to do the video because he knew I was a Suzuki guy. I have nothing to lose in creditbility by being honest. Vic makes some great bikes, IMHO this is not one of them...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
advntrus said:
Own a 07' KP
Just started riding again after 26 years off.
I rode a XR too. I have to say that I never really saw the XR as a "Touring" bike. I know that's the class Vic wants to put it in. I just don't think it does the bike justice to do that. I liked it better than the Road Glide for sure. I would think many of those riders would consider a XR.
I didn't take issue with the gages. I did find it a little difficult to reach the toe shifter. Didn't help that the dealer didn't set it high enough to get a boot under it either. Suspension was better than a KP. Wind management was about the same. Better control at slower speeds.
I think that if you're looking at a Kingpin, you'll want to at least ride the XR.
Shawn
Shawn,
Not sure of your height, but the Pins I have riden had a shorter windsheild and didn't buffer as much. Also, I love the guage for a cruiser bike, but I will stand by that a tourer bike should have easier to read guages. Key word is Vics classification as a "Touring Bike"

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

mjw930 said:
I've ridden both the CC and CR and I think Shawn points out some things that Don was IMHO overly critical on. The wind management is the same as all other bikes in this class and certainly not much different than a Road King which is the bike this is targeted towards.
Not to be to critical, but going back to a previous thread of yours, you rode all day with a sticker (or something) on you from Volusia Motorsports. The kingpin, Jackpot and some other bikes did not blow the sticker off you but the XR did? So does that put in class with a bar hopper? I am not trying to be rude, but I did not classify and try to sell this bike as a touring bike, Vic did...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
spider said:
Good thing Andy was not around when I took a vision for a ride.
DSJR has valid points, but remember, i'm 6' 4" and when I sat on the Cross Roads it fit very well, no reaching forward for me, handle bars were perfect, for me.
It seemed to handle ok, I wasn't really impressed with the roll on power, my kingpin pulled way harder, and like many others here, I almost broke my ankle taking off, thatonly happened once !
I would look at a vision 8-ball as a second bike, never a daily rider, and the vision tour, no thank you.
So it seems that everyone has good points and bad points about this new bike, i'll give my review once one is sitting in my garage.
6'4"? You need a Tomahawk not a Vic...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Dimonback said:
DSJR, you have been proven so wrong by the latest issue of Rider magazine, the non-word "pwned" seems to fit. Their review indicates the buffeting is minimal, the handlebars fall to hand, and basically, you can't go wrong with either bike. We'll be looking for your retraction in the near future.
Screw them...lol They can prove me wrong as much as they want. I am giving my own humble opinion. I sit here thinking and wondering about these so call reporters in the motorcycle industry. I dont toot my own horn often but I know alittle about bikes. I started on dirt bikes like most riders. I then gave up and moved to jet ski's, I was one of the first factory pilots for Kawasaki, then from ther I moved to SeaDoo. With SeaDoo I held the worlds record for the worlds fastest ski at 72mph...lol Now that is a stock ski. From there I went to work for Kawaski doing demo rides when the Ninja 1100D first came out. In the mean time I was the motorcycle and Jetski stunt person for a short lived TV show called Thunder inParadise with Hulk Hogan and Carol Alt... Okay, so in my younger and slimmer days I was Carol Alts stunt double. If I was Spiders size I would have been HH stunt double but unless I grow a foot it aint going to happen.
And yes, another bike is in order, I need a middle of the road bike. Something to go to the store and some short trips where I need some storage.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
spider said:
I think some people take things too literal.
Vic has put these bikes ( the CC and CR ) into the touring segment, and that's not bad, but just do not try to compare them to a full blown touring bike, they are not !
So, maby papa vic used the wrong words for some here ?
I really don't give a crap if you call them " touring " bikes or not, they have to be two of the best looking rides out there to date, call em what you will, just don't try to write an honest review if your already against them from the start.
Compare them to the Harley's they are out there to compete against, not the Vision, or Goldwing or BMW'S.
Spider, I have no agenda. I am no fan of HD, very over rated in my opinion, so I would never compare to it. If you really look at my before ride interview, I was looking for a new bike to fit my gap. I am not or was not against them, but I feel the Pin is a better bike and the Vegas is a better bike then the Cross Roads. I really should have taken the Cross Country out, but just didn't have the time since the dealer didn't give out slots.
The looks are great, but I am probably one of the few that think the looks from the seat are all that matters and all gas tanks look the same... The ride is what I am interested in. I have put over 300,000 in the last five years and comfort is number 1.

·
Registered
75 Posts
DSJR70:

Now you have me a little concerned. I'm 5'8" and have a deposit on this bike that I should be picking up later this week. Are you saying that I will not reach the handlebars without leaning forward? I was on a Kawi Vulcan 900 and the reach was fine. How would the CR compare to this type of bike? How tall are you? Would risers help bring the bars back? Were they "adjusted" (rolled) appropriately? Unfortunately when you buy a bike unseen, you have to take your chances!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I think that post was peppered just a little with sarcasm.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Dimonback said:
The rider from Rider magazine said "other than some windshield buffeting I couldn't find a thing to gripe about".
That was nice to read as apposed to the non-stop griping and whining at this site.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.