VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just arrived in the email inbox:

Okay, time for me to put on my Editorial Hat:

While not every motorcycle or paint scheme will appeal to every rider or potential purchaser, the skull paint scheme on the Cross Roads is just a bit too much for my taste. While I can only assume it's a way to target the Harley-Davidson loyalist and deliver a "bad boy" image, I'm wondering if it's a smart marketing move to use that image (pictured above) as the theme for launching the 2010 lineup to the masses.

When it comes to Email Marketing, the goal is to get the recipient to open the email and click on a link that takes them to their website. It seems that showing at least three bikes in various categories in the photo would attract the attention of more riders. This way, if you don't like a specific bike, you might see another one in the photo that captures your interest and click to learn more.

Just my two cents. Comments are welcomed.

Also, it seems that Victory's new promotion is Payment Protection. While I can only "assume" (I say "assume" as I've not yet learned the details) that it's similar to what Hyundai started last year and other car manufacturers have since adopted, and is a type of insurance that if you finance a bike and then lose your job, your payments are covered. Again, that's an "assumption" and yes, I know what ASSUME means!

Has anyone learned the details of the Payment Protection program and/or read the fine print?

·
Registered
8 Posts

I am reading the details on the payment protection program, here is the fine print:
  • Payment protection agains involuntary job loss for the first 12 months following original purchase date.
  • 90 day exclusionary period: customer cannot lose or be made aware of a job loss for the first 90 days of coverage.
  • Maximum monthly payout amount: up to $300
  • Maximum number of monthly payments: up to 6 payments
  • Maximum total benefit: up to $1800.
Sounds credible. But don't sit on your ass and expect them to pay off your bike!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Email is moving a lot

But I would like to see the TV commercials other than 5:00 in the morning on the weather channel. HD is cutting back a lot, I say jump on the opportunity and make it known.

·
Registered
807 Posts

I certainly agree that the skulls paint scheme wouldn't be any kind of draw for me. The Cross Country in Cherry or the Vision in white (hey- that's in a song, isn't it?) would be better choices in my opinion.
Maybe get Aretha to modify her lyrics.... hmmm..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.