Victory's HERO'S METAL Discount | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Victory's HERO'S METAL Discount

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by SuicideCharley, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SuicideCharley

SuicideCharley Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 JUDGE (Nuclear baby)
    So I just noticed today that there has been a change to their discount for Vets (to include Fire and Police Depts). I started a thred last year when I bought my Judge about honorably discharged Veterans not being eligible for their FULL THROTTLE SALUTE discount. Long story short the dealer and their Vic rep told me "Sorry, can't honor it" but I bought the Judge anyway. I contacted Ma Vic through their Facebook page and inquired. After making a stink I was told Victory would honor it for me and three months after I purchased the bike I got a $1,000.00 check in my name from the dealer. The missed detail on their end was that only RETIRED or Active Duty personnel were eligible and NOT Honorably Discharged Vets. I was browsing today and saw the HERO's METAL discount and it reads:

REsTRICTIONs: $1,000 USD or $1,000 CND savings redeemable with proof of one of the following: 1.) Valid U.S. Military ID 2.) Valid Canadian Armed Forces ID 3.) Proof of valid DD-214 or comparable official discharge papers showing honorable discharge 4.) Valid Police or Firefighter ID. Coupon is not redeemable for cash. Hero’s Metal coupon can be combined with current promotions and apparel/accessory coupons......

#3 made all Honorably Discharged Veterans eligible. Not to say that it was ME, but I wanted to highlight this as they seemed to have listened to their customer. Some non-retired discharged Vets were able to get their dealers to honor but it was hit and miss from what I was reading and seeing. Good to see that in all the complaints they receive some some items are listened to and changed for the good.

Semper Fi MOFO's!

2. DirtyTwin

DirtyTwin Active Member

all of them

OORAH.
    and thanks for your service.

3. Big_Papa

Big_Papa Active Member

Victory Hardball
    I agree 100%! Thank you for your service. A side note on the topic. When I bought my 2013 Hardball, I asked about the law enforcement discount. Due to the fact that I spent a bit over 20 years as a Correctional Officer. I was promptly told, "That doesn't count as law enforcement" I bought it anyway and have been happy with it ever since.

4. DirtyTwin

DirtyTwin Active Member

all of them

Well they are wrong, it counts as service in my book, and thank you.

5. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Ooh Rah! Thank you Marine and thank you for getting Victory to re-think their policy! Semper Fi

6. MeSeaHunt

MeSeaHunt Banned

2011 Pearl White Vision

when the "gunny" and i had lunch last year at the avr rally [​IMG] i bent his ear on this subject for about 15min, told him to mention it during on of his big wig meetings that weekend or whenever he thought was a good time, he sent me an email 2 weeks after the rally saying "mission complete"!! i am sure MaVic has had PLENTY of yelling over this topic, but all that matters is it has FINALLY been incorporated!!! [​IMG]

7. recumbentbob

recumbentbob Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour

Im going to check this out since i am honorably discharged and i bought a cct on feb 28 of this year
    Thanks for posting this.
    Bob

8. 40caliber

40caliber Active Member

2014 Tequila gold with flames, 2016 Indian roadmaster

I bought my vic last year with the DD214. i was not retired just honorably discharged after 10 years of service. I left for other career interestes.
    They honored the $1000 with no squabble

9. mrninja9

mrninja9 Member

2015 hardball

When I bought the hardball I got the discount.

10. SuicideCharley

SuicideCharley Member

Hit and miss bro, I think some dealers were cool with it but my dealer was a total FAIL.

11. snoopie

snoopie New Member

2012 Victory Hard Ball

Semper Fi brother,

12. YENRABSRIDE

YENRABSRIDE Well-Known Member

2013 VISION TOUR, 2013 TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE, 2015 YAMAHA FJR1300ES, 2015 KAWASAKI ZX14R, 2016 KTM 1190 ADV, and 2019 TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 1200XC

When I bought the Judge last May, no military discount, but they knocked off $1500 anyways instead of $2500. When I bought the Vision 5 months later in October, I got the military discount with the DD-214. I just did the minimum 3 years in the USMC, MOS 0844, and wasn't sure if I was considered a veteran or not. The only veterans benefit I ever got was a VA loan for my first home. Fortunately at the time of service, the Commander in Chief was Ronald Reagan, and the U.S. was still well liked or everyone outside the U.S.was scared because of Reagan's millitary buildup at the time. It was good to be American at that time.

13. SuicideCharley

SuicideCharley Member

At least you were able to get some $$ knocked off, they told me to pound sand initially HAHA!!

A little off topic but Cali Vets children are elgibble for free tuititon to Cal State Colleges. Might want to get on that if you have kids that want to attend college. Oh and, a Marine is a Marine...war time peace time, POG TIME! It doesn't matter. SEMPER FI

14. 40caliber

40caliber Active Member

2014 Tequila gold with flames, 2016 Indian roadmaster
    I completely agree.

15. Iron_Horse

Iron_Horse Active Member

2014 Victory Vision Tour

This thread is the first I've heard of the discount. I just purchased a new Vision one month ago. Nobody mentioned it to me. I did talk the dealer down pretty well and got a lot for my BMW trade. I don't think the dealer would give me more money now. But it'd sure help out. I'm retired LEO but don't where to start with the request. It looks like Vic's Facebook maybe.