VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this past weekend's Demo Tour at Randy's Cycle in Marengo,IL, I have the pleasure of saying that I have test-drivenmany Victorymodels with the exception of the V92 and the TC. I test drove a Kingpin, Cross Roads, 2 Hammers, a Jackpot, the Vision 8-Ball and a regular Vision on Saturday. I own a 2005 Vegas and test drove a Cross Country at Randy's last fall. With the exception of my Vegas, my favorites are the Cross Roads (maybe because of the larger windshield), the Jackpot and the Vision (not the 8-Ball, which is lower than the regular Vision).
If any woman rider thinks that she cannot ride the Hammer or Jackpot because of the wide back tire, I say baloney! They are different in the curves and turns because you have to counter-steer a little more than on a regular bike. They are intimidating to the eyes only. My friend tested these 2 bikes and she has had her license for only a month and she did very well on them (she rides a Honda Rebel 250cc). My other girlfriend tested these and she is looking for a Hammer to buy.(And she thought she was going to buy a HD! Silly girl!!)
If supreme comfort is what you're looking for Ladies, look no further than a Cross Country, Cross Roads and especially the Vision. I loved the seats on the Cross bikes, not to mention the nice, large bags on the side. (Who doesn't need more storage??)The floorboards on the Cross Bikes and the Vision are second to none! You can put your feet in any position, as there is lots of room. And since our feet are smaller than the guys', we have plenty of options for foot position for those long hauls. The Cross bikes perform very, very well. It took a little getting used to after riding my Vegas, but didn't take long for me to get comfortable with them. They are definitely worth a try!
The Vision isby farthe creme de la creme!! It looks big and scary to us gals, but it isn't! Even though I only got to test it on a short ride, I now know what all the hype is about. The way the bike glides through a curve is like a hot knife through butter. Definitely try the Vision 8-Ball first. If you're like me and it felt just a little bit too short for you, then don't be afraid to test ride a regular Vision. Yes, it's a big bike but again, don't get intimidated. Just get comfortable while in neutral and "walk" the bike forward and backward. If you can do that, you can ride it.
My two girlfriends and I rode our hearts out and have nothing but good to say about these motorcycles. The Victory rep that was with the Demo truck told us we were the first women to try all of the models. He said the other women on the tour (he's been to 20 cities so far) wouldn't try the Hammer or Jackpot and especially the Vision/Vision 8 Ball because they were too intimidated. Honestly, I felt alot of pride that day for myself and for my girlfriends. We range in age from 40-45 and from riding experience of 30 years to one month. I would say that says alot for Victory Motorcycles for us to be able to test ride just about ALL of the models.
So Ladies, if you're given a chance to test ride the different models, please do so andDON'T think you can't!! If three women from little towns in Illinois can do it, anybody can do it!!
Ride safe...
Tracy

· Registered
4,468 Posts
Go Tracy!! Nice read!

· Registered
133 Posts
I think the title should be re-named Victory's and ladies, or Victorys are for ladies also, or Victorys are so awsome anyone can ride them. I dont want to be labeled as riding a "Lady bike" no offense to the ladies but you know what i mean

· Registered
1,361 Posts
Nice write up...I'm gonna go show it to my wife now...

· Registered
421 Posts
Vegas8b, I was thinking the same thing. That's all I need is for the Harley boys to say you are riding a girl's bike.

· Registered
275 Posts
We did have a blast that day. I for one am glad to see more women riders- esapecially the ones that are my friends. Ilove to have Heidi on the seat behind me but why deny her the pleasure I feel when I am behind the handelbars cruising through this Great Land of Ours as free as a bird? I am glad to see that Victory riders are very accepting of women riders and have welcomed them wherever we go. Keep on encouraging women to ride whether they are your wives, girlfriends, or just friends. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation courses are a great place to start. A encouraging word and leading by example are just what is needed to bring more people (men and women) into our passion. Just my two cents to tack on to what Tracy has stated above. See all of you soon out on the road!

· Registered
275 Posts
elooker - let them say it is a womens bike - as you blow past them and smoke them in a corner. Of all people who should know a bike that gets respect, through brute force and mean good looks, it is a Hammer owner. Who's driving a girlie bike?

· Registered
421 Posts
LOL, it is a good bike as is the XC. I was really just kidding. I have blown a few Harleys off the road without trying. It's the guys in minivans who try the hardest to beat you off the line. The Harley guys I have had contact with, besides my friends, always make sure they are first off the line at the next light. I usually let them do it without I fight since I think it's rather childish.

· Registered
247 Posts
SammyJ said:
Chas - Is your bike purple?
I saw that coming as soon as I posted. It is a "chameleon" paint that changes colors in different light. In low light it looks blue as the light gets brighter it goes purple then red then a color that would best be described as copper. The best part is sometimes you can see all those colors at the same time.
I don't have to worry about mistaking another bike for it anymore.

· Registered
84 Posts
Hey Tracey
I ride a Vision. It's the easiest bike I've ridden in a while. I came off a Gold Wing. You're right about thinking you can... The fairing is big but the weight is well balanced and light feeling. The Victories I've tried are nimble and powerful. I had a new rider sit on the Kingpin and get it off the stand... her face lit up when she realized there was little effort required. Another friend is riding a Nomad... which she hasn't been liking. She's small and it's heavy to ride. She got on the Vision and was shocked how easy it was to get off the stand and sit so well.

Victory's are amazing bikes. I'm really happy a female friend showed me her Hammer!!! and told me about the Victory bikes.

· Registered
275 Posts

Chas,
That is a pretty awesome paint job. Did someone local do it for you? There definately won't be any mistake which one is yours. Its too bad a picture just can't do that kind of paint justice. Take it easy out there all.

· Registered
247 Posts
SammyJ said:
Chas,
That is a pretty awesome paint job. Did someone local do it for you? There definately won't be any mistake which one is yours. Its too bad a picture just can't do that kind of paint justice. Take it easy out there all.
Yeah, a friend of mine has a body shop so I ordered the paint from Kustom rides dot com and he worked his mojo. I get compliments all the time not only about the color but how smooooth he put it down. I was in on the final sanding/buffing & there are very few blemishes, there are maybe three dust specks in the color that the clear wont let you feel & you really got to look to find em.
You're right about pics not doing it justice.
Thanks for the compliment.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.