VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The victory websight for 2010 modelsleaves alot to be desired. You can't decifer what comes on different vision models chrome bars ETC.. trying to navigate to msrp is a joke when you don't know what your paying for. I just hope the bike performs better than the website. Believe it or not the stock seat hieght and performance numbers with just a loydz cam and tuner is what keeps me interested in the vision. Might have to go with a 09 or wait for 2011.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Hey tbone, the 2009 and 2008 websites were just as bad... Atleast in 09 we had Andy's video highlighting the differences (Andy, insert the Vision video here). But that topic has been beat to death

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Hey tbone, the 2009 and 2008 websites were just as bad... Atleast in 09 we had Andy's video highlighting the differences (Andy, insert the Vision video here). But that topic has been beat to death
You ask, and you shall receive:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Trust me, the bikes perform better than the website.

I find the Polaris/Vic site totally impossible.

BTW There are a lot of after market pats available that are not "Victory". In most cases they are better made and cheaper depending on what it is you are looking for.

·
Registered
84 Posts

FishWitch said:
Trust me, the bikes perform better than the website.

I find the Polaris/Vic site totally impossible.

BTW There are a lot of after market pats available that are not "Victory". In most cases they are better made and cheaper depending on what it is you are looking for.
would you happen to have a fiew links for us , so we can shop... :eek:)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
To go a little off-topic, how about dealer websites? Most sites I have been to you click on the new inventory and it just brings you to a cookie cutter manufacturers list of all the models (not talking just about Victory dealers here). I would love to see a list of what they actually have in stock and some photo's of the actual bike. The only dealer I found doing this is the Victory dealer in St. Pete.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
It seems that with only a few exceptions, the motorcycle industry has been a bit slow to adapt to the Internet Age. Yes, there's a few who "get it," but you would think that during these slower days, that the Dealers would invest some time and a few bucks in this area.

Yes, most of the Dealers are using the Cookie Cutter Websites, but isn't Rule #1 of Marketing 101...Separate Yourself From The Competition?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

hightec said:
If you go Allohiomotorsports.com he has a list and pictures of Vics for sale new and used
Just went there, that is the way it should be. I dont care what the factory has I want to know what the dealer has. They need to remember these purchases are usually impulse buys...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

I just copied em not saying anything bout any of em LOL

Well, I do have Hozehead Lines on my bike and they are bitchin! Dave will work with you on a trade out as will a few of the other guys.

I have seen the stuff from Custom Vic Chrome in Reno and it's nice and seems to be good quality.

Scott from Conquest Customs...well there are no words! This guy takes great pride in what he does and the products they put out. If you can't find it Scott will!

Outlaw Chrome has some cool and different stuff. Tom will work with you on anything you need. (His shop is not far from me)

LLOYD!! Do I even need to say anything! He da man!

I haven't had much interaction with any of the others, but their track records are top notch! All good goys and they will all work with you if there is something you need or want. EVEN JUST ADVICE!

·
Registered
181 Posts

While I don't have a big problem with the website itself, I would like to see it updated from time to time. It's always the same boring stuff.
As far as the dealers websites, they are a total waste of time. Nothing but a link to a common generic waste of time.
I'm not interested in what you can order, I want to know what is on your floor before I arrive.
Let's take this one step farther. Any ideas on TV advertising. I almost never see an ad on TV. Actually I cannot remember the last time.
Victory wants to hype the new bikes, why not show them off to everyone?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
grounder said:
Let's take this one step farther. Any ideas on TV advertising. I almost never see an ad on TV. Actually I cannot remember the last time.
Victory wants to hype the new bikes, why not show them off to everyone?
The only time I see Victory ad is when American Thunder in on the speed channel. I dont think I have seen an ad anywhere else. I will see this I have seen more Victory ad in magazines or it seems that way.
The Victory Web site is about as bad as it gets. They could spend 10 or 15 more bucks on it to get a better look.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
In Florida I have seen some Victory ads. I dont really like them. I think it was Andy that posted some of the older ads and those had some bite to them. Whatever ad company did those they may want to think about re-hiring. To give Victory a little break, their website is visually nice but a nightmare to navigate. Suzuki on the other hand is the easiest to navigate but looks like it might have been created when Al Gore invented the internet, although they did do a good job on the B-King stand alone site. Honda on the other hand has one of the best websites of any motorcycle manufacturer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.