VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,
I own a 2008 Vision with Stage 1 Level 2 exhaust on it right from the start and was wondering how others like or dislike these pipes and what (if any) issues have there been with the stock VFC and plug carbonization. Thanks in advance for everyone's input on this!!!
VVVet

·
Registered
252 Posts
VVVet,

Welcome to the forum!

I do not have S1/L2's, but the only issue's I've heard regarding those that do have been with backfires/popping on decel. Some have cured it by re-flashing their map, some have the backfire go away when the engine warms up and others have simply put back the old air filter.

Regards,

Drew.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Drew and Thanks for the welcome:) !!
I have heard the same, and yes, I do have the pop on decel at times, but it's not that annoying. Of course, I'm also ahead of the sound too, but I am not totally displeased by it. It does occur when up shifting at times too. My main concern about eh mapping is the dealer cannot change anything (according to them) and it is running very (VERY) rich. I've got a lot of carbon on the tips and plugs were changed at 2500 mile service. I've also talked to Lloydz Motor Works and they do have a fix for these problems which does allow alterations in the mapping and provides much better fuel/air mixing. Drew, are you going to the Victory party on March 6th in Daytona? Thanks again for the comments Drew!
Cheers,
Russell
(aka: VVVet)

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Hi Russell,

As of yet, I've still not heard a side by side comparison of a Vision with S1 L1 vs. the S1 L2 exhaust. Have you heard the sound of the S1 L1 on the Vision and how would you compare them to the sound coming from your bike?

Also, hows the sound of the S1 L2 at highway cruising speed? Is it annoying or is it pleasant?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Not sure if Lloyd will be at Daytona, he usually is. Have him set up your bike. As far as it running Rich. They all do. I have had black soot on the 3 Vics I have owned. I am concerned about your plugs. Did they need to be replaced?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
One thing about Lloyd, not only does he know his "stuff," I've personally never heard a single complaint about his services.

In this day and age of numerous websites and forums where people can post gripes on a moment's notice, the lack of complaints speaks very highly of Lloyd and his services.

·
Registered
252 Posts
VVVet said:
Drew, are you going to the Victory party on March 6th in Daytona? Thanks again for the comments Drew!
Cheers,
Russell(aka: VVVet)
Russell,

Yes, I sure will be in Datyona, but a few days earlier on March 4 because Lloyd is going to work some of his magic on my red and chrome spaceship too (intake; fuel controller; maybe cams if he's had time to work on the '09's yet; and a surprise or two that I'm not allowed to disclose yet other than it's a relatively inexpensive replacement part that will dramatically increase the power and tunability of the Freedom engine). By the time the bike goes to Dayotna, I will have my Ness Big Honkers (sitting in a box in my garage) installed as well.

Regards,

Drew.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Greetings Andy,
To tell the truth, I've not heard a direct (curb to curb) comparison of S1L1 versus S1L2. The folks at the dealer had a stock set that I heard and they stated the L1 was more stout. Well, after getting my L2 installed, they were favorably impressed! Putting the stock against the L2 I can talk about. The L2 does sound much better (IMHO) and after breaking them in, I do like the deeper throated, rich sound they provide. They do start with a bark, but that's all good:))) Esp with the preverbial H-D sitting close, waiting to hear what she sounds like. At highway speeds and either 5 or 6th gear provide a very nice rumble that let's you know you're on a V-twin and the neighboring tin-can. With that said, I've also had my passenger nearly fall asleep :))) go figure...... She doesn't find it obnoxious and we can communicate without IC quite well. As I mentioned earlier, the trunk is currently off, so I do get to hear the pipes echo a bit more and it's an awefully nice sound!
Cheers,
Russell

·
Registered
717 Posts
Drew,

Give it up, what else is Lloyd planning for your red and chrome spaceship?

I also have one, it has not been on the tar yet. Lloyd gave the thumbs up for my guys at Mainely Action Sports, in Oxford, Me to do the VFCIII, intake plate, cams and cam adaptor. The parts just arrived.
I have Dyno time for 9AM March 5th with Lloyd.
I had them put the Big Honkers on already, they sound good.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ah.... good reading Rick ... wasn't sure if anyone would catch that.

Let me tell you this: you will probably get the 'secret mod' if it is ready in time for Daytona. It will work perfectly with the set-up you've got (and probably one of the least expensive things you've bought for performance on the Vision to date).

Glad to hear the honkers sound good, bet they sound better with a set of Lloyd's cams though (I decided to wait for him to test and perfect the '09 cams instead of going with the cam and cam adapter for the '08 set up ... could be many months though before that happens given how busy Lloyd is). I have the VFCIII and Intake in a box awaiting install and dyno by Lloyd at Daytona too.

Love to get your opinion on the cams after the install (when do you think it will be finished?) - I am finding it hard to wait for the '09's - even with the extra $300 for the adapters.

Quick question: with the honkers and Lloyds intake: are you changing out the air filter? If so, which air filter are you going with?

Drew.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Excellent Drew and Rick! I wasn't going to mention the VFCIII and airbox intake until someone else did - just to see if my choice seem reasonable and it that might be a good way to go - I'm set for 9:00 on the 6th Rick!! I am also waiting to see what he says about cams too. Excellent then - all's goooood:)))) Thanks ALL!!!
Russell

·
Registered
717 Posts
Of course, I am only interested in the Lloyd's set up because of the increased gas mileage. But what the heck, if performance comes with saving the planet, so be it.
I still am interested in the "Secret Mod".

·
Registered
717 Posts
I forgot something, Mainely did put on a high flow air filter. I believe he said K&N. Will verify that tomorrow. Gives me a reason to go to the shop and see if he has done his upgrade yet. My dealer got so excited with my talk of Lloyd's upgrade, he bought two sets and is doing his first with helpful hints from Lloyd.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Rick057 said:
Of course, I am only interested in the Lloyd's set up because of the increased gas mileage. But what the heck, if performance comes with saving the planet, so be it. I still am interested in the "Secret Mod".
Sure Rick, 'gas mileage', 'save the planet' and all - me too :)
I'm not sure the "secret mod" is all that secret, but I was asked not to tell and I did take a super-secret-oath.

Russell: did you know that with Lloyd's cams/intake/VFC, '08's are pulling 118 hp and 118 tq? That's on a 930 lb. bike AND that's measured at the rear wheel!

·
Registered
717 Posts
118HP, is that with stock exhaust and air breather?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Rick ... are you being a bad boy ... posting on other forums asking about the 'super secret' mod?

The answer to your question above is found on that particular forum - I'm looking for the post to answer your question now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy Cow!!! 118 hp and torque? - ahh..er...hmmm.... nope, I have to honestly say I didn't know it was that much. I definitelyknew it was good but this is outragiously good!! It will be interesting to see if that stick with the s1L2 of mine. With all of the hype about the Ness Honkers, I'm interested in hearing the difference. I am amazed!! Now I can't wait for this next month to go by - I guess I'll have to spend more time in the saddle - that goes by way to quick. Drew, I also got an email from Victory of S. FL about the horn install. $85 - I'll be down within the next two weeks if I can swing it! So Drew, did you break down and splurg for Lloyd's NO install too??

·
Registered
252 Posts
VVVet said:
Drew, I also got an email from Victory of S. FL about the horn install. $85 - I'll be down within the next two weeks if I can swing it! So Drew, did you break down and splurg for Lloyd's NO install too??
Russell,

Are you talking about the Stebel horn? If so, $85 is a good price for both the horn and install (I bought the horn before the bike came in for $39 online and VSF installed it - since it was the first one they had done, I think it took them almost an hour and a half, but now they've done a dozen so they must have it down to a science).

No, 'N.O.' for me - 118 is plenty of ponnies for my needs :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Good morning Drew,
Yes, I am going to install the Stebel horn. $85 is for install only. I already have the horn and the dealer here want a skant $350 to install - "I'm sorry, what did you say" were the first words out of my mouth and that is definitely NOT what I was thinking.......... "what the &^_*)[email protected]#$" !!!
Rick,
Did you find out anything on VMC about the "secret modification? I'm curious as well. Thanks ALL!!!
Russell

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.