VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've recently acquired a brand new radio that fits my Vision. The bike is an 09 model, the radio is a 2016 product.

I'm really struggling to find any details on the web about and differences between the 2 radios. The one thing I have been told about is that the '16 model will have different pin-outs to CB and XM radio, but I'm not worried about either of these.

What I would like to know is, were the radios fundamentally the same since the bike came out in terms of which pins connect what?

And would there be any output performance difference two radios? It would be nice to find out if the output was better on the newer model.

I don't want to install the new radio without knowing the answers above really - if it's not compatible (in terms of power connections for example) I shouldn't fit the new one in case it gets damaged from being incompatible.

If it fits, but there is no increase in performance, I might as well stick with the original model and sell on the new one.

Any guidance would be helpful. I've emailed N-Sound but they haven't responded to me (I suspect because I bought a new radio and didn't go to them for a refurb, they've ignored me!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
@VicVisionBulldog has done some radio swapping IIRC. I vaguely recall something about 2 or 3 different versions of the radio and you have to make sure the replacement is the same version. (By part number maybe?)

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
I have emailed with them and they were honestly great to deal with. They got back quickly and answered my questions fully.

The radio unit is made by N Touch and from what they told me there are three different year ranges floating around. The following is straight from one of there responses to me.

"The part numbers are as follows:

MY 08-09 4011257

MY 10-11 4012272

MY 12-Current 2411676

I believe the 2411676 will work on the 10 and 11 bikes. The other issue that occurs is with any accessory items like CB and XM. They have to match the model year of the main unit."

I did this because I bought a head unit cheap and wanted to make sure it would work in either bike. Turns out it is an older unit and will only work in my 08.

Also if you need one repaired all you need to do is reach out to them. It's around $250 but the will repair or replace the unit quickly. Usually in under a week.

As far as one model working better than another I don't think you will see any difference. My 13 and 08 work the same. Only difference is my 08 has better speakers from the previous owner. The head units work the same. For better sound getting an amp and speakers is the way to go.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I have emailed with them and they were honestly great to deal with. They got back quickly and answered my questions fully.

The radio unit is made by N Touch and from what they told me there are three different year ranges floating around. The following is straight from one of there responses to me.

"The part numbers are as follows:

MY 08-09 4011257

MY 10-11 4012272

MY 12-Current 2411676

I believe the 2411676 will work on the 10 and 11 bikes. The other issue that occurs is with any accessory items like CB and XM. They have to match the model year of the main unit."

I did this because I bought a head unit cheap and wanted to make sure it would work in either bike. Turns out it is an older unit and will only work in my 08.

Also if you need one repaired all you need to do is reach out to them. It's around $250 but the will repair or replace the unit quickly. Usually in under a week.
Good to know, Dog. I have to say that I don't have a very high opinion of these radio units. The receiver circuit is really poor quality and doesn't get very many stations. Sound quality isn't anything to write home about, either. but it has never been an issue for me because I don't really use the radio that much. I listen to ball games on it, basically!

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
Good to know, Dog. I have to say that I don't have a very high opinion of these radio units. The receiver circuit is really poor quality and doesn't get very many stations. Sound quality isn't anything to write home about, either. but it has never been an issue for me because I don't really use the radio that much. I listen to ball games on it, basically!
I stream my music which sounds much better than the radio stations.

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
VicVisionBulldog has the right information. I tried to swap an 08 radio into a '11 8-ball Vision. Fortunately I saw a warning in the service manual not to try a 08-09 radio in the 10-11. Upon further digging, I found out that if you do put a newer model radio into an 08-09 you will promptly fry the radio unit. They are wired differently and aren't compatible. If you put the '16 radio in your '09 Vision, it is possible that all you will do is convert the radio into a rather expensive paper weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.