VOG Forum banner

Victory Vision.... or Cross Country???

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  hmd520 
#1 ·
Victory Vision....or CrossCountry which will prevail.??
I love the Vison... its a bike that handles as well as it looks..Great power....
I must say i have not riden the Cross Country.To me it seems as thou they were trying to mimic the Road glide...As if they were trying togo afterthat crowd of people.
From what reports i have heard .. the bike is great.. but has no comparison to the Vision. They say the Vision handles better and is a smoother ride.
Not knocking the bike.. after all....its a Victory.
I just hope they dont try to replace the Vision with this bike... that would be a sad day. I like living"outside the box'' byriding a Vision. Sets you apart from the rest.
Sorry for the mix up on the Cross Roads?/ LOL

#2 ·

I may be wrong, but it sounds like you are referring to the cross country not the cross roads,that is going head to head with hd road or street glide.
As far as the xc replacing the vision,not a chance in hell.With the three touring bikes in place,they will be working on new ideas for the cruiser line.More then likely incorporating the core tech into them.And maybe even a smaller vic for 2012.

#4 ·

I would love to see them build something to compete with the V-Rod. Its the only thing really missing from the lineup. All the bikes are great and have their high points on each..
Victory has done a great job covering the bases.

#5 ·
hmd520 said:
I would love to see them build something to compete with the V-Rod. Its the only thing really missing from the lineup. All the bikes are great and have their high points on each..
I've owned V-Rods since they were introduced and the Hammer is the "muscle cruiser" in the Vic lineup and aside from it being air cooled, is the exact same formula.

In fact, when I test rode the Hammer I was amazed how similar they were and actually think the Hammer is a more comfortable ride but that's subjective depending on your body type and riding style. Change out the "flat" Dunlop 250 with a 240 Metzeler or Avon and I'm sure the Hammer will even outhandle the V-Rod.

What it doesn't have is the sweet motor of the V-Rod, that's currently the best V-Twin power plant on the planet, IMHO.

#6 ·
hmd520 said:
I would love to see them build something that competes with the C-50 since allot of us have come off of one... BTW didnt you see the video? The Jackpot or Hammer kicked the V-Rods ass... Well atleast in the video...lol

#7 ·
Im sure the Hammer would dominate... i just would like to see something a little lower and raked out like the V-Rod. The Hammer could fit that bill with a little tweaking.

#8 ·
Dear Santa,

Since I've been Very Very good and stopped showing bad drivers my pistol, and throwing spark plugs at them more than a decade ago,,,,,can I have????

#9 ·

Looks like a Rooke or Roland Sands edition.. Might have to build one for christmas..
Keith.... you want to put your order in now?? so you dont get back ordered.????
LOL
Great pic..

#10 ·
keithgrey said:
Dear Santa,

Since I've been Very Very good and stopped showing bad drivers my pistol, and throwing spark plugs at them more than a decade ago,,,,,can I have????
+1

Coincidentally, I spoke with one of the marketing directors at the Vic meeting during bikeweek and was told, in no uncertain terms, that the CORE concept bike was built with the ability to meet all DOT requirements and could be built for a whole lot less than anything in the current Victory lineup if the powers that be decided to produce it. The biggest problem, product canibalization. Because it could be built and sold for close to $10K there's a fear it would take sales away from the Hammer, Vegas and Jackpot. I don't really buy that but it's the way the bean counters think.

#11 ·
hmd520 said:
Looks like a Rooke or Roland Sands edition.. Might have to build one for christmas..
Keith.... you want to put your order in now?? so you dont get back ordered.????
LOL
Great pic..
My wife is going to start seeing you as the competition (*for my money)Mike.
I do believe you would have a waiting list though. What does Victory charge for a 106/6engine/tranny??

#12 ·

"Because it could be built and sold for close to $10K there's a fear it would take sales away from the Hammer, Vegas and Jackpot."
mjw930

I agree with you, not a chance.
The KP, Vegas, & Hammer have such a style of their own, it would be like HD scrapping the V-Rod because it would kill the Softtail models.

Apples and oranges guys!! Victory peeps can you hear us?? Make us a $10k 106/6 Core, with two upgrade models at $12k & $14k and we wil ALL own more than one Victory!!!

#14 ·
SofaKingBlue said:
The core looks like afuturistic bobber; a nice complementary product to the Vision.
+1 Sofa king

#15 ·
I'm sure the Core will come out at some point it's just when.

If I had to pick between a Vision and Cross again I'd probably go Vision.

Both bikes have their strong and weak points.

Storage goes the Cross

Vision gets the long saddle award for comfort.

Handling I would say is virtually identical, maybe a slight edge to the Cross

#16 ·

You can never have to many toys....... So why not offer the bike to people that have one of their products already?? Kind of if you buy one of our more expensive bikes... you will be able to join the elite club and buy a Core at a great price.
Just a thought.
KEITH... You can buy a wrecked vision for around 5K, that would give you all you need in the motor and trans dept...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.