VOG Forum banner

Victory Vision - no low beam or cyclops

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Azvestor 
#1 ·
Well group turning to you for your advice once again. Just the other day going to work in the EARLY morning hours I noticed the car behind me casting my shadow onto the truck in front of me. Never seen this before.. pulled over and sure enough, no low beam headlight. The lower driving light does not work either. Checked ALL the fuses in the left fuse panel (all good) tested continuity on the 20A headlight circuit breaker and that tested fine. Replaced the headlight relay, still no low beam and no driving light. High beams work. Anyone have previous experience or insight. Searched for troubleshooting on the forums and it is mostly all about replacing the headlights (or how much of a PITA that is). Thanks all.

#5 ·
What's the third light? I thought the high was working.

I think I'd start with the cheapest one. If it's not burned out you'll just have a spare.

I just don't remember anybody having a issue like this to recommend a place to look to fix. It sounds like you've checked pretty much everything though.

I hardly ever use my cyclops light. Basically only in rain or fog. That Vision headlight really is nice.

#7 ·
Third light is Cyclops light. All failed at the exact same time. I ride almost every day and ALWAYS check out my light functions in the vehicles in front of me in traffic. Close to 8000 miles this year with a lot of lousy weather.

#8 ·
Easiest thing would be to test with a new bulb.

Could put a multi meter on the plug for one of the bulbs & see if you are getting current to it.
If you are then it could be a ground wire loose or broke.
Do you know if they share a common ground?

#10 ·
Next step is this, heard, read, seen that the bulbs and plugs are a ***** to get to. Not bragging but my arms are bigger than most.
Not so much an arm issue. More of a hand issue.

I've read that twisting the light adjustment wheel all the way to make the light rise helps get some clearance.

That is strange that all three failed. In your first post you said the high beam worked so I just figured you had two burn outs. Three burn out would be strange.

#11 ·
If you could lay your hands on a wiring schematic you could look for a common ground or feed wire for all three lights.

#16 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Engineering Gas
on the dash there is a switch for the cyclops light. 3rd one from left is it on?
is the a switch to the right of that one that controls spot lights?
The headlights are separate from the cyclops light. So one or the other should work.
Have you been caught is the rain you'll have to open the switch housing and check power there.
The worst part is you'll have to pull the front end apart to test for power. It will be a good 2 hour job for a novices

#19 ·
I just replaced the headlight on my 2012 Vision because of cosmetic damage. While doing so, I converted the halogen high low beam lights to LED lights. Very inexpensive and really like the look and performance and the cost was very reasonable with a great guarantee. New lights were totally plug and play.

http://www.headlightexperts.com/carfinder/?find=2012-victory-vision-tour-358050

May want to consider it since you have the headlight apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.