VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts

Drew had Big Honkers, intake plate and VFCIII installed, no cams.
He pulled 89HP and loke 107TQ in Daytona.
I had the same plus the cams installed before going to Florida.
I got 111HP/111TQ with Lloyd down there.
Pretty darn impressive upgrade. The bike gets driven fairly hard and gets over
40MPG. It's fun to pick on my HD buddies with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I had them installed, at first the sound didn`t thrill me , but got on highway and wow what a difference.
At take off seems normal,but when you throttle up you really notice the difference.
Since then, I love them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had Lloyd install the cams in my 10th Anniversary Vision over Memorial Day and the difference is both noticeable and remarkable.

Seldom can you gain about 20 horsepower and 20 ft. lbs of torque and also have about a 10% increase in gas mileage!

The additional horses are very apparent and highly recommended.

I even think Lloyd figured out a way to do the install on a 2009 including cam followers without removing the engine.

Cycle Dragon pipes are next to coax just a little more power..

Hippo

·
Registered
717 Posts

So Hippo, where is your dyno graph?
Do you have before and after HP/TQ numbers?
Did you add the VFCIII and intake plate also?

·
Registered
126 Posts

All,
I had the VFCIII added and the airbox plate changed out by Lloyd during bike week and he did a fantastic job! Captured 89 HP and 102.38 TQ on the last dyno run. I have the Stage 1 Level 2 Victory pipes, it made quite a difference with their level of authority. A noticable difference indeed! I did not get the cams installed, but that is definitely on the list of things to have done.
Cheers-
VVVet

·
Registered
156 Posts
I keep seeing HP ratings of 89 or 90..I thought Visions had 92 HP stock????

·
Registered
255 Posts
92 HP at the crankshaft, per the factory claim. Dyno HP and torque are at the rear wheel. HP and Torque are lost via mechanical inefficiency/friction between the crank and the wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cams are a good way to go. I am going to get mine installed as soon as I can get to Gainsville.
Just picked up my 2013 vision after I had the touring cams, Llodz timing gear, fuel controler , and intake. It turned my vision into a controlable HOT Rod and I Love It!!! This thing pulls like there is no towmorrow. But I would say that this may not be for everyone, it really wakes the bike up. Can't wait until it gets a little warmer to take my Big Sexy Hot Rod out for a day in the sun!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just picked up my 2013 vision after I had the touring cams, Llodz timing gear, fuel controler , and intake. It turned my vision into a controlable HOT Rod and I Love It!!! This thing pulls like there is no towmorrow. But I would say that this may not be for everyone, it really wakes the bike up. Can't wait until it gets a little warmer to take my Big Sexy Hot Rod out for a day in the sun!!!
Oh, in all my excitement I personally installed the Thrush mufflers which tops everything off YYEEEEHAAAAA!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
2011 Vision Tour , ATS +2.5*, Cams, PC5, Vic perf front filter, Ness upper filter, Ness Big Honkers, and one helluva dyno tune by southern motor worx. Kevin is amazing and the Vision hauls ass. Numbers on the dyno were 111.25 HP, 112.71 TQ. Kevin says his dyno is alittle conservative and stated to add 7 percent of the number for a accurate read out so that comes to 119.4 HP and 120.6 TQ. She has Warp drive now.....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice job moorege! I have a date on May 8th to see Rylan at the Vic Shop in Iowa to get my cams installed. I may put it on the dyno to see what numbers i get on a before and after install... can't wait...

Reg44
You'll love magic Rylan can work on your Vision. He'll do a before an after for you. I'm going down Saturday to pick up my bike. These are the mods he did to my bone stock 14 and a pic of the dyno run he sent me
Mods are:
PC5
Vision adjustable intake
Lloydz Top Filter
Adjustable Timing System
VM1-DR cams
1/4 turn throttle
Dyno Tuned
Adam Bomb exhaust

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Handwriting

·
Registered
717 Posts
09 Vision with stock pistons.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Reactions: Rowebote

·
Registered
152 Posts
DO IT! LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.