VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2009 Victory Vegas Jackpot out of State and it has less than 5000. Come to find out I can't register it in CA unless it has more than 7500 miles. Is there anyone that can help me out by setting it to read 7500

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
The idea is to keep you from buying a non-compliant bike or car out of state and then just re-registering it in CA. California has tougher smog laws than the rest of the US and they want to keep it tougher, not provide an easy bypass like that. My own bike was 49 state compliant when I bought it but now I could register it in CA because I have owned it long enough to rack up the miles.
Welcome to the VOG @felitopaz . Why not just keep it registered out of state and ride it for a couple of weeks before you register it? That way you will have a real 7500 miles on it.

Reactions: Eternalshrubbery

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I've heard some pretty dumb laws in my day but, that's a special kind of stupid. Why would they care how many miles?
That's Commiefornia for ya! Riddle me this... what difference does it make for a bike to have 5000 or 7500 miles on it? Do they think the the emissions profile is going to change that much in 2000 miles? Completely asinine, but that is how these jerk-offs think. I shake my head every day at the stupidity I see around here...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I intent to ride it for 2500 miles. It doesn't have a NV plate because the Gent I bought it from turn in the plates because he did it had it insured. I went to DMV in NV and got a ride moving permit which is good for two weeks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's Commiefornia for ya! Riddle me this... what difference does it make for a bike to have 5000 or 7500 miles on it? Do they think the the emissions profile is going to change that much in 2000 miles? Completely asinine, but that is how these jerk-offs think. I shake my head every day at the stupidity I see around here...
This is People's Republic of California

• Winner
Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I am going to buy a speedo on eBay with enough miles to be able to register it.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Man if it were me I would ride the 2500. Go have an adventure. Can't think of a better way to bond with your new machine.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
It is older than 2 years, where I see mention to, but no detail as to heat that means. But there is mention of over 10 years old no odometer disclosure required. I bet that scooter was built in 2008 (look at manufacturing plate) and this 2018 around the corner. But it is an 09...

California Vehicle Registration Information Needed
Owners wondering, "When registering my car in California, what information do I need?" can consult the DMV registration application. The registration of vehicle information required is the vehicle make, model and year, as well as the type of vehicle it is, such as commercial, auto or motorcycle. To get car registration, owners also need to provide the vehicle identification number (VIN) and their driver's license number. For cars less than 10 years old, vehicle owners need to supply an odometer mileage disclosure.
Better get to it then... 2500 miles in 2 weeks is a lot.
Does that qualify as Aluminum-Butt?

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Can you get a Cali temp tag and add 2 weeks? Can you take a tag off another bike or get a dealer tag to use until you have 7500 on it?

250 miles a day for 10 days. 250 miles takes 5 or 6 hours. Work 8 hours, ride 6 hours, sleep 8 hours... hell, you have 2 hours to spare for eating and showering.
On weekends you can do a lot more than 250 in a day. This is not insurmountable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.