VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needless to say I am a little miffed about the resale value of some of the Victory motorcycles. I have a 2007 Jackpot Premium that orginally sold for around $20,000 brand new in 2007. Now I'm trying to sell it outright for around $12,500.I can't get any bites on it. Dealers tell me on trade in it is only worth around $7500-8000. It is pretty sad when you lose over 50% of its value in a little over 3 yearsof ownership! Don't get me wrong, I love my Victory motorcycles, but I sure wish they would hold their value a little better. It looks like Obamanomics is working quite well! Drive up interest rates on credit cards, give everything away to those who don't want to work for a living, give free medical care to illegals, and drive the economy in the tank so nothing is worth anything anymore and employers can't afford to create new jobs and hire new employees! America is going to pot in a hurry. I think we should send some more money overseas to take care of the problems of the world before taking care of the good old USA first! Sorry about the ranting, but I'm just getting fed up with our government and their spending habits. I keep hoping we will see a change "that we can believe in!" (Now where did I here that saying before?) Don't forget to vote this fall and get some of these goons out of office before it's too late!! GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Feel your pain, as a great deal of us have. I do not think it is limited to Vics, I have seen some HD sold for ridiculous prices.
Try Craigslist, E-Bay, try the dealer and try The Victory Motorcycle Club. Give the Dealer 500 dollars to sell close to retail, not wholesale. It's a buyers market that buyers want the cleanest bike for the best price.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I hate to say it but its the same in canada aswell. It worked for me tho as i was buying. I jsut bought my 06 JP and it was the same price as used in the US. Thats pretty much unheard of until this last cpl years. It isnt just limited to victorys tho. If you are looking at selling to a canadian for the same money...then you could try to list on kijiji.ca of canadatrader.com
Hope that helps.
Dwayne

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
My old saying is...keep the old one and buy a new one too...you'll feel better!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
bubba said:
Feel your pain, as a great deal of us have. I do not think it is limited to Vics, I have seen some HD sold for ridiculous prices.
Try Craigslist, E-Bay, try the dealer and try The Victory Motorcycle Club. Give the Dealer 500 dollars to sell close to retail, not wholesale. It's a buyers market that buyers want the cleanest bike for the best price.
you retired the Vision? and went straight KP?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
h7wae14t said:
bubba said:
you retired the Vision? and went straight KP?
KP is all I have left. I am still looking for a Vision.With winter coming, I will see what the prices do. Just a matter of time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You probably don't want to hear this but I just bought a 2007 Arlen Ness Vegas Jackpot fully loaded with all kinds of chrome add ons and I literally stole it... Plus it didn't hurt that his wife was on him to sell it! But I was told by many so called experts that its not just the Vic's problem it's this lovely economy creating a big time buyers market... Even some of the Vic dealers told me they r cutting the prices so low on some new models that their used inventory is collecting dust which again drives prices down... Sorry to rain on your parade but it is what it is... Best of luck!

·
Registered
153 Posts

There is a silver lining in all of this---if you are a used bike buyer. nearly every bike that I have bought, including my 07 hammer was a few years old. Motorcycles, like boats, are often impulse buys. Given that a lot of bikes are bought new and only accumulate a few thousand miles in the NortheastUSA, you can often buy a bike for 50% of its original purchase price after just 2-3 years. I bought my 07 hammer premium with 800 miles on it for about 45% of the retail price on a new one at that time.

I hope that you have some luck with selling the bike, but at least you know that you could buy a used cc or cr cheaply.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.