VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to upgrade my pipes and was wondering if anyone can help me make up my mind. I like the sound of a nice deep bike but I don't want an obnoxious sounding bike either. My question is how much louder are the slashness vs the swept? I like the looks of the slashness but I am afraid they may be too loud. I have listened to many soundfiles online but we all know that they all sound different on each computer and how they were recorded. Any ideas to help a guy out would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
609 Posts

The swepts are just as loud as any straight piped bike when you really twist on it, but the benefit is that you can make it docile enough to make it past a cop without a ticket if you ride tame.
I've only heard one set of Ness pipes and they were a bit harsher.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I had both on my bike. The Ness pipes are extremely loud, the swepts are more tame but have a nice growl. The swepts really make a pretty low rumbleuntil you get into it, the Ness are just loud all the time. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. I really like the sound of the Ness pipes but the backfiring was uncontrollable, even with the Big Shot processor.
I like simple, with the swepts you have no extra items to install, just a download. This means less connectors and less things to go wrong. I would highly recommend the swepts with the S&S air filter and download.

·
Registered
396 Posts
dsjr70 said:
I had both on my bike. The Ness pipes are extremely loud, the swepts are more tame but have a nice growl. The swepts really make a pretty low rumbleuntil you get into it, the Ness are just loud all the time. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. I really like the sound of the Ness pipes but the backfiring was uncontrollable, even with the Big Shot processor.
I like simple, with the swepts you have no extra items to install, just a download. This means less connectors and less things to go wrong. I would highly recommend the swepts with the S&S air filter and download.
I debated the same question, Ness or swept? I went with the Vic swepts for the same reason "dsjr70" stated. My dealer told me about the Ness backfiring being considerably worse, and they were much louder. He said several people brought them back and exchanged for the swept because they felt they were to loud.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

Jackpot52 said:
My dealer told me about the Ness backfiring being considerably worse, and they were much louder. He said several people brought them back and exchanged for the swept because they felt they were to loud.
Pretty much the opposite of my experience with the two pipes

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Ness pipes and love them. Sound is great and NOT to loud. I read to much negative about the Vic's. I have the S & S intake and the LLoyds III controler...no backfiring..just Great looks and performance.....IMO....good luck 06 KP

·
Registered
136 Posts

if one wants a loud ass pipe that has some resemblence to these two pipes how about the RPW's or RPM's??? or whatever they are. Jackpot52 has been schooling me on the differences. I want way loud and obnoxious but no popping if i can get that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up with the Ness pipes, and LOVED them. they have a nice rumble while cruising but when you hammer on the throttle it gets some attention for sure. I had a S&S intake and map on my Hammer and very rarely did I every get a pop.

Good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

I am in the same boat I want the loudest pipes with least amount of popping these dam 08 closed loop thing is a pain wish I would have gotten an 07
So Many choices and set ups but which is best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.