Victory Supercharger vs. Victory Turbocharger Drag Race 2018! | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Victory Supercharger vs. Victory Turbocharger Drag Race 2018!

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Vicbuilder, May 27, 2018.

1. Vicbuilder

Vicbuilder Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victorys

• Winner Winner x 23
    • Like Like x 18
  2. recumbentbob

recumbentbob Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    Great video.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. muckers

muckers Member

2011 Vegas Eight Ball (traded) 2015 Magnum Plasma Green
    Really enjoyed the video. Thxs

4. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    Great stuff...

Why were you guys launching off line?

5. Vicbuilder

Vicbuilder Well-Known Member

Victorys
    The track was super cold and therefore slick. We found better traction on the shoulder. Air temp was about 60 degrees and cloudy. The track surface felt like polished concrete.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Tenax66

Tenax66 Active Member

Victory magnum 2016
    Awesome vid!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    Great video...
    @PastorJustin ...your WHITE VICTORY way better looking then race bike and all other white ones shown....BUT the few shots of that BLACK CC...well you know my comment :rofl3:
    I think all the VICTORY motor guru's ought to bring "kinda" stock bikes like these, no BB, and see what results are.:icon_thumleft: (AND....add they must be ridden there and back home.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Poseidon

Poseidon Well-Known Member

2016 Victory Magnum 2013 Suzuki M109R.... 2017 Kawasaki Concours
    That would be a cool shoot out. I wouldn't exclude BB's tho. Whatever you bring has to be reliable enough to ride it in and ride it home.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
    Great video! Really well done. Very professional. Best 26 minutes of video I've seen in a while!

Both teams won this race meet. No doubt about it.

The Boardwalk sure is a nice looking bike. I'm amazed it didn't sell like hotcakes. I think it will be one of the more sought after Victory cruisers in the years ahead. Sure wish they had kept the Kingpin name for it or maybe KP V.2 or something.

The SC was clearly the more powerful and solid machine built for the long haul. The Boardwalk, while not so powerful, illustrated what amazing things can be done with the Maximus tuning even though I don't think is was specifically mentioned by name.

At the end, with the SC and Hammer in the background with superchargers, I couldn't help but think the Hammer is the best Victory for a supercharger seeing as how it was billed as a muscle bike from day one. This really puts it there.

The match up of the 106 in the 2000 SC frame where a "Hammer" engine would normally go brought questions to my mind. Like how difficult would that motor swap be on those older frames? I'm assuming the ECU/ECM would also need to be changed but not sure of what else. O2 sensors probably.

Finally; what really gave me the warm fuzzies is knowing we can ride our Vic's indefinitely as long as guys like Rylan, Ryan, and KevinX (among others) are there to rebuild the engines for us. It may be expensive and we may have to pull and ship the engines; but it will be so worth it to keep riding these amazing machines.

Well done Rylan and thanks for sharing. I look forward to future year races. Could even be a kind of "Victory Sturgis" for hard core Victory and other brand riders. Might want to make it a little later in the year (June maybe). In fact, this being Memorial Day weekend, could be a perfect weekend for it. Warm but not too hot for the bikes racing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Pops

Pops Active Member

2014 Victory Vision
    Great show!

giphy.gif

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Well-Known Member

2020 Harley FLHCS 114.
    Great video, a little competitive ribbing but all in fun ;). Wish I could have been their !!.

12. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I say if a shop can trailer in an alcohol fueled drag framed Victory based 300 hp fire breather bring it! That would be freaking awesome to see. Besides, if this does become a Victory event we’re all big boys. I’ll race my 100” against Half Crazy’s 116” big bore or Peter’s super charged big bore any day. Not because I think I’ll win but because it would be fun! Plus as an event where X amount of time at the track is available it will be easy enough to tail gate afterwords with a couple beers comparing time slips with guys of more similar builds. This could become a great annual rally!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  13. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
    It would be great as a 2 or 3 nighter. Come in on a Friday and leave on a Monday. Just need lodging and or a camping area with food and bathrooms. Seems like most Victory rally's have been held in the Eastern part of the USA. It would be good to have something in the Western part. There are a ton of Vic's out here.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I agree. The thing I’d keep in mind though is Julesburg is a nice midway point between Ryan and Rylan’s shops, and they have a drag strip that can be rented out for the day. So it makes a perfect spot for what those guys just did. Besides that counting tumbleweed that blows across the highway might be the most interesting thing to do there. So as I see it, we riders are kinda tag alongs for the shop’s day at the drag strip, turning it into a rally and fun weekend would fall on us. People gotta be able to make their own fun if you know what I mean. I could see something like this: Arrive on Friday and the no-tell motel is booked solid with Victory riders so we have a weenie roast social in the parking lot. A day at the track on Saturday then it’s back to the parking lot for a party, maybe catered bbq and a keg. Ogalala NE is close and there’s a nice lake there...if people wanted to go to a restaurant or something but otherwise there’s just not much there. IMO sometimes those are the best rally’s but in my experience a lot of other people expect more.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Borinquen Veteran

Borinquen Veteran Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
    This video was awesome. Now i want to put in a supercharger. I would definitely be up to go to a yearly victory rally in Colorado.

• Agree Agree x 2