VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put on my ragin cajun slip ons in the fall. Currently have 02 sensors unplugged. My local Vic dealer has no issue with the slip ons IF i get them to do the flash. I figure if i'm doing that i may as well get the vic performance filter too.

My question is..would it be too much fuel to leave my 02 sensors unplugged as well.

From reading here, the sense i get is the effect of the fuel change is so minor it shouldn't be a problem.

My main concern is introducing so much fuel with these changes it fouls the plugs.

PS- the bike is running fine with stock pipes, air filter and 02 sensors unplugged

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
leave them unplugged

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PS- thx to peeps who responded privately to my last post that wouldn't allow replies. All of those suggested saving the money and going with a Maximus. That is hopefully in the works.. after my warranty runs out. But I've still got a year to go on it and likely won't have more than 3000 miles on the bike by end of summer to see if there are any bugs. No problems so far!

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Sounds like you may have an answer, but as my experience is related, I'll share.

I bought my 2012 CCT from an individual with 11K miles and the stage one already performed, pipes, flash, and air filter. Rode the bike for another 30K miles in that form only once unplugging the O2's. When I did this I had an idle issue, so I plugged them back in.

Recently (a couple of thousand miles ago or more) a very good friend and one of the best members of this forum was kind enough to give me his Ragin Cajuns, the loud ones with the lolipop installed. I put them on, unplugged the O2's and the bike with the stage one tune still in place ran cooler, stronger (I could tell as the difference was dramatic riding 2 up) and my milage increased from around 39 to 41 give or take a bit. So, with the tune, my bike did better with the more "open" exhausts and O2's unplugged.

·
Super Moderator
26,094 Posts
PS- thx to peeps who responded privately to my last post that wouldn't allow replies. All of those suggested saving the money and going with a Maximus. That is hopefully in the works.. after my warranty runs out. But I've still got a year to go on it and likely won't have more than 3000 miles on the bike by end of summer to see if there are any bugs. No problems so far!
Sounds like a good plan. Your bike will still be breaking in so the more miles you add before the tune the better. I swear a Vic isn't fully broke in until 20K.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you may have an answer, but as my experience is related, I'll share.

I bought my 2012 CCT from an individual with 11K miles and the stage one already performed, pipes, flash, and air filter. Rode the bike for another 30K miles in that form only once unplugging the O2's. When I did this I had an idle issue, so I plugged them back in.

Recently (a couple of thousand miles ago or more) a very good friend and one of the best members of this forum was kind enough to give me his Ragin Cajuns, the loud ones with the lolipop installed. I put them on, unplugged the O2's and the bike with the stage one tune still in place ran cooler, stronger (I could tell as the difference was dramatic riding 2 up) and my milage increased from around 39 to 41 give or take a bit. So, with the tune, my bike did better with the more "open" exhausts and O2's unplugged.
Very good. Thx for this. That helps

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok..here's a related question. Think I know the answer but...if i got the stage 1 flash, put on the ragin cajun slipons but skipped the air filter change to the victory performance and left the O2 sensors unplugged..my guess is that still wouldn't change things much..and keep the bike within warranty? I bring this up because at first blush the service person i'm dealing with said the performance af's may be hard to get ahold of. Honestly, I don't think i'm dealing with the sharpest tool in the drawer here. But it also made me think maybe spending the money on the victory performance air filter is a waste of money anyway. Seems from reading threads here that the only real benefit to it is being a reusable filter.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I think you are correct in your thinking.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you are correct in your thinking.
Well here's what I did and learned today...

Flash card- ordered one and that will do me for the interim until i'm ready to go the maximus route

Victory reusable air filters- have gone the way of the dinosaur. Dealers in my area don't carry, only 1 for too much money on ebay so my options are to just go ahead and get the lloydz or stock up on the stock paper versions which for now, are readily available. Paper ones are 34 canadian bucks each, the cheapest lloyds on ebay with shipping is about 230 canadian. Plus of course some performance gain with the Lloydz for now and in future once I get a Maximus. If the paper ones indeed are a change out every 10,000km, thats not much mileage from them. So i'll likely spring for the lloydz. It kind of hit me over the head with a hammer today that there's no guarantees victory parts will be in stock in spite of there promise. I guess if the make available a ready supply of the paper ones, that covers their butts.

I verified with 2 alberta dealers using a lloydz air filter wont violate warranty..IF a reflash is done so that allays some concerns.

PS i got a steal of a deal on a spare drive belt last year. It may end up worth its weight in gold!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.