VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was needing some wiring diagram info for my KP and found this website. They have a massive selection of manuals for Vics.
http://www.ipopper.net/victory_manuals/default.asp
(I would love to see this become a sticky post as long as they are available.)

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Disclaimer:

This site cannot promote the downloading of copyrighted materials. If you choose to download, you need to understand that you are violating the rights of the copyright holder as well as you could be exposing your computer to malicious codes that could be problematic.

Since we don't want to censor posts, please be aware of the risks involved when clicking these types of links and please do not post them on this site.

The VOG cannot assume any liability or risks with any violations that can occur or assume and responsibility if the repairs stated within these types of documents adversely affect the performance of your bike, or any problems that may occur on your computer.

(Sorry, I had to say that).

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks Andy ;)
I forgot my own disclaimer.
Disclaimer: Use of the Ipopperwebsitemay cause rapid heart beat, increased blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, loss of consiousnessor rectal bleeding. If you have an erection lasting more than 4 hours call your doctor.
Here's one suggestion for the VOG website Andy. I am not being pissy, I have to let my sarcasm out before it pee's on the carpet.
The views expressed by the authors on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of this website, those who link to this website, the author's mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, grandparents, cousins, step relations, any other blood relative and the author himself, this website's web host, template designer, or any other organization, service, motto, logo, insignia or avatar in any way connected with this website.
Comments on this website are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writer will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel or litigation that results from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment. The accuracy, completeness, veracity, honesty, exactitude, factuality and politeness of comments are not guaranteed.
All trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights, copyrights, registered names, mottos, logos, avatars, insignias and marks used or cited by this website are the property of their respective owners and this website in no way accepts any responsibility for an infringement on one of the above.
Although it may claim otherwise, this website does not offer legal, medical, psychiatric, veterinary, gynecological, archaeological, astronomical, astrological, ontological, paleontological, philosophical, axiological, audiological, bacteriological, mineralogical, criminological, terminological, dermatological, ecclesiastical, campanological, phrenological, phonological, technological, hematological, campanological, neurological, psychobiological, urological, ufological, typological,, mythological, hydrological, xylological, zoological, logical or any other kind of professional advice. Nothing on this website should be construed as professional advice including, but not limited to, the above list.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Thanks!! Had the 08, needed the Vision 09!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
ZZedmonds said:
Thanks Andy ;)
I forgot my own disclaimer.
Disclaimer: Use of the Ipopperwebsitemay cause rapid heart beat, increased blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, loss of consiousnessor rectal bleeding. If you have an erection lasting more than 4 hours call your doctor.
Here's one suggestion for the VOG website Andy. I am not being pissy, I have to let my sarcasm out before it pee's on the carpet.
The views expressed by the authors on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of this website, those who link to this website, the author's mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, grandparents, cousins, step relations, any other blood relative and the author himself, this website's web host, template designer, or any other organization, service, motto, logo, insignia or avatar in any way connected with this website.
Comments on this website are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writer will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel or litigation that results from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment. The accuracy, completeness, veracity, honesty, exactitude, factuality and politeness of comments are not guaranteed.
All trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights, copyrights, registered names, mottos, logos, avatars, insignias and marks used or cited by this website are the property of their respective owners and this website in no way accepts any responsibility for an infringement on one of the above.
Although it may claim otherwise, this website does not offer legal, medical, psychiatric, veterinary, gynecological, archaeological, astronomical, astrological, ontological, paleontological, philosophical, axiological, audiological, bacteriological, mineralogical, criminological, terminological, dermatological, ecclesiastical, campanological, phrenological, phonological, technological, hematological, campanological, neurological, psychobiological, urological, ufological, typological,, mythological, hydrological, xylological, zoological, logical or any other kind of professional advice. Nothing on this website should be construed as professional advice including, but not limited to, the above list.
Thanks !
I was gonna write all that but it would take me a couple of days cause I don't type real fast, lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
And since all this discussion about the manuals a few days ago, ipopper.net has removed all Victory manuals. I just tried to get instructions for installing an HID on my 07 Kingpin and it looks like The Man has struck again.

Sad news for us all.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
LOL!!!...maybe Victory corporate really does monitor this forum.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Howdy ZZ.
I see you have the therm from Clocks4bikes. Is yours accurate? I am now on my 3rd one and so far they are all the same - usually read about 10 degrees over. The clock is great and they look great mounted on my Kingpin so I put up with the erroneous reading. Just curious if you or others have the same problem.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sunbum said:
Howdy ZZ.
I see you have the therm from Clocks4bikes. Is yours accurate? I am now on my 3rd one and so far they are all the same - usually read about 10 degrees over. The clock is great and they look great mounted on my Kingpin so I put up with the erroneous reading. Just curious if you or others have the same problem.
My themometer is very accurate, no problem.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I just got a 2008 Vegas / KingPin service manual off E-bay. I have a 2009 KPbut the changes between the years were minor....Only paid 50 bucks for it and it came with a CD as well. I think the guy has more...go check it out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't mean to be cheap, but it is ridiculous for the dealer to charge $129 just for the service manual. I was only paying 40-50 for my harleys from the dealer. If it were a reasonable price, I would gladly support by not so local dealer. Does anyone have a digital copy of the manual that they could email me? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

pyro8285 said:
I don't mean to be cheap, but it is ridiculous for the dealer to charge $129 just for the service manual. I was only paying 40-50 for my harleys from the dealer. If it were a reasonable price, I would gladly support by not so local dealer. Does anyone have a digital copy of the manual that they could email me? Thanks.
I don't think you will find to many people capable of emailiing the document. It is a protected pdf that you can not extract pages from easily (yes I know it can be done). Most people can not send or recieve emails over 20 meg (some substantially less) my service manuals range from 55meg (Vision) to over 1 gig for the Vegas.
You would really need to set up an FTP site or use one of those file sharing websites that charge.
But I will say the book is worth the $120.00+- if it saves you one trip to the dealer or one broken part it paid for itself. There are several on Ebay right now ranging from$4.99-$89.00.
Don

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
pyro8285 said:
Don't blame the dealer, it's Victory part selling at Victory's price. The dealer is just the middleman.

It's copyrighted material, While I understand the desire to save a buck here and there pirating copyrighted material is no better than walking onto your local store and shoplifting. Is that what we've come to for a couple buck, stealing!

BTW, they are worth every bit of $129 if you do your own wrenching. If you just want a casual reference then yes, it's probably a bit high. I do agree that $129 is higher than Harley but in line with some of the smaller maker's prices.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Even if you look at a Hayes Camaro book they are $30+- with being mass produced. But they only give you bits and peices of information. Then you have to buy the electrical book seperate. The last time I bought a auto shop manual it was over $300. Even though the Hayes manual has a section for Engine Overhaul I would hate to see someone rebuild there 07 V-8 with only that information...
Sometime you just get what you pay for.... Dont really remember where I was going with this but I agree with MJW, it is definetely worth the money. Especially when you see the instructions that come with the accessories. Did they photocopy these instructions in the 70's?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.