Victory Service is improving in So Cal | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Victory Service is improving in So Cal

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by spusheck, Mar 5, 2015.

1. spusheck

spusheck New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    cross country
    I have had several issues with a couple of the older Victory dealers. One of them treated my bike like it was "some old bike" having zero respect for the passion. While in the service department the clerk started the cold engine and began gunning it so he could hear my after market pipes. Ya, the dealership owner got a call that day. Unfortunately, he didn't really seem to give a sh**. I also gave them clear instructions not to wash my bike (New bike, new finish) but when I picked it up it was wet. Last week I broke a Baggage latch and they made me bring it in before they could do a warranty claim. I got the call from them today, 6 days later that the warranty had been approved for parts only and they could order them and have by next week. Then they tried to sell me my next scheduled maintenance over the phone.
    However, since I hadn't heard from them I had already contacted El Cajun Victory/Indian (A new dealer whose owners obviously have the vision). Matt in Service said to just email him pics of the latch, vin#, Odometer and bike and he would let me know. With in 3 days Matt had approval for the warranty claim and because he went the extra mile and explained that this is my only transportation to Polaris, they approved the work to be completed. He called me and gave me the great news and then informed me that he actually ordered the parts the day I called him and I could bring the bike in tomorrow to have it fixed while I wait. I know many of us ***** about Polaris a bit when it comes to stock and warranty issues but a good dealer can still find a way to make their customer very happy. Thanks Matt! Thanks Owners of El Cajun Indian/Victory for "getting it".

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Vegas_Geef

Vegas_Geef Member

2012 Cross Crountry
    That's great to hear. The dealership where I bought my CC has always been great.
    It's awsome when they share the enthusiasm.

3. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    I would rather ride 3-4 hours to a good dealership vs 1 hour to one that doesn't show they care about you, or your ride. Sounds like you found a dealership worth the ride!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChillyWillie

ChillyWillie Active Member

cross country 8 ball
    I have always rode north but sounds like I may start riding south to go to the Dealer you have mentioned. I am north of L.A. by about 35 min. and still ride about an hour and a half to the dealer I bought my bike at.
    I am getting to the point of fustation with my dealer.

5. c9zz

c9zz Active Member

2014 Vision & 2016 Scout
    Good to know. I am an East Coaster but my son lives in La Jolla and next time I visit him I will check that dealer out. Always good to visit dealerships and walk around to see what they are doing different than your hometown dealer.