VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I "think" it is the weekend after Memorial Day if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
I "think" it is the weekend after Memorial Day if memory serves me correctly.
I think you're right. I know it's the same weekend every year around Memorial Day, and I think that's after, not before. Do a search on FB and I'm sure it can be confirmed. I've attended a variety of Victory, and even some non Victory rallies. This one was my favorite and I very much want to get back there again.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yup always starts the Thursday after Memorial Day. That will make it the 28-31st for 2020. Be aware last year it was paired down a bit. Still great time, awesome people and great roads.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Whats paired down
No registration and t-shirts, no themed party's and dinners, no specific planned rides. Just people hanging out and riding. Past years had all that, nightly bands, etc... Still a great get together.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Thank you all for your responses. I am saddened that it is scaled down. I would like to get a list if all the Victory events.
For sure pencil this one in. I have no idea if the "scaled down" is permanent or a result of one of the organizers having a family medical situation last year. It might be returning to "full production" or remaining scaled down, I don't know. Either way this is a great weekend. In many respects I prefer scaled down. Making our own fun always seems to work out better than sitting back and waiting for someone to entertain us.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Another one you might want to look out for is the Midwest Victory Rally. The riding doesn’t compare to Helen GA in any way. But it’s hosted at The Vic Shop, well attended, and a lot of vendors, dinners, raffles, etc.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Rallies are cool .... but for me , I'd much rather travel with a small group and hang / ride with them .

Peter

·
Registered
304 Posts
I need to get a calendar and write some of this stuff down. Think I'll try and make some of these events this year like the SE victory rally in Helen and maybe the national victory meet in TN the end of August. Then there's VITO coming up fairly early in the year and maybe one in Harrison.....lots of places to go!

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Thank you all for your responses. I am saddened that it is scaled down. I would like to get a list if all the Victory events.
You should look at the VMC.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Then there is the "unofficial" Texas Hill Country ride, which actually will take place in Harrison, Ak. this spring. Trying to make it more accessable to the distant ones.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Don't be, it's still a great event. The locals are great about leading some great rides. There may be better riding somewhere but I haven't found it yet!

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
hmm.. @Poseidon @PJRo @Squatch @Half_Crazy

Possible base camp for this coming year's Mem Day ride? Go to this event instead? Not to hang out, obviously but to open up some new territory to set aflame?

Longer to get there, no doubt. Should not completely blow off the concept of hauling as this might be a tough ride to pull off in 1 day.

Reactions: PJRo

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Why not hit blowing rock on day 1 and Helen on day 2? We talked about staying in different locations vs a base camp like we normally do.

Reactions: JudgeRedd

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Why not hit blowing rock on day 1 and Helen on day 2? We talked about staying in different locations vs a base camp like we normally do.
I did Helen 2 yrs ago ....and Blowing Rock with you asshats last year.....
In my opinion....the riding was better in Blowing Rock ...
That said .... I will go to either / both ... just need to ride .
:)
Peter

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.