VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning to get the MBW Radius sidemount for the 08 Hammer.
http://www.customdynamics.com/Images/HS-307.jpg
Couple questions:
Has anyone with this installed had the police mess with them since the license plate is sideways. P.S. I live in Florida.
When I install this can I just have the bike on the kickstand and remove the bolt, install, and put the bolt back on. Or would I need to install this on a bike mount. Just checking if the tire will move when I take the bolt off.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Will,
Florida has rescinded the law that did not allow verticle plates, so you are good there. Also, you can have the bike on the kick stand and remover the not. Just make sure your adjuster bolt is snug before you loosen it.
don

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

willorlando said:
I wonder how the transponder will do under the rear fender
Probably not well unless you put it in a baggie. But I dont know how long a bag will last under that rear fender.
I just put it over my idiot lights with a piece of velcro or if I am wearing a jacket or vest in the inside pocket.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I've recently encountered a run-in with a LEO in FL on a trip earlier this month. It was a Statie who pulled my over on 95 because of my speed. I was running 90 mph and (honestly) it was to get in front of a mass of idiot cage driversplaying the shell game around 2 semi trucks.
The officer was lenient but he did try to scare me into thinking I had a $1,067 fine coming due to the vert license plate. I always remain respectful during a traffic stop, in addition to always informing them where my weapons are, they tend to appreciate that. He ended up giving me a warning on the speed...(sweet)...and a warning on the tag. He told me to fix it when I got to my destination to avoid further troubles. I assured him I would, waved and departed.
Further down the road I stopped at J&P Cycles for some things and was speaking to some fellow riders there and they informed me that the FL had recently changed. Now reading the new amendments here in this post clarifys it pretty good.
Any idea on how bikes registered in another state fits in with this law? I mean if I take an occasional trip through FL, should I be buying the toll transponder for my bike?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.