VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a problem with my rear lights on my Octane and live in the UK. Not many victory dealerships here, so i am short on advice. My problem is the rear lights. None of them are working except the left rear indicator (flasher) The brake light rear light and licence plate light all do not work now. i replaced the left indicator as the terminals in the connector had corroded away. I tested the old indicator directly to a battery and the right one which now also does not work,but they work when connected to a battery but not on the bike. i have removed the corroded connector and tried soldering the wires to mini loom yet still nada. The main bike loom is okay. the licence light is seperate to back light assy yet again the connectors were corroded and did not work when soldered. i notice this bike has a can BUS electrical system,and i do not know if this affects the problem The price of new parts is excessive and i would rather find out for sure they are needed before buying.

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
There is a modual inder the seat called the Auto Cancel Module (ACM) it is the electric brain of the bike and many of the bikes electrical functions go through this unit - in my service manual for my 05 there are instructions on how to test it's functions - in my case the tire rubbed the insulation off some of the wires and 12V pwr was fed up the wires into the ACM and cooked some portion of it.

If you are haveing weird electrical gremlins in your tail light/brake light/indicators I would test it to see if it's a problem - do you have a digital copy of the service manual ? If not click the link that I embedded here that was provided by another awesome Vog member.

MediaFire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, I have since removed the back light assy and found the rear cracked with moisture inside the lense, So i have located a second hand one to replace it. I have also found that by soldering the wires together, that were previously in connectors, has stopped the error warnings.I have been swotting up on can-bus systems, it would appear the physical element of the can bus system ends at the rear connector from main loom. My plan of action is to replace light when it arrives, see what happens. and then take the bike to a dealer to service it. Again i thank you for your information and help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Be careful with the soldering. Many times, the wires will crack right where the solder ends. It takes time, maybe a few years, but it happens. This is due to vibration, and motorcycles vibrate. Be sure to support the wire very securely on both sides of the solder joint so that there is no wiggling of the wire.

@urbangorilla

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.