VOG Forum banner

Victory Octane Motovlogger

Tags
motovlog
2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  CaveDog21 
#1 ·
In the even that anyone is interested in some dork (me) motovlogging on my 2017 Octane, here's a link to my page: Tar Snake

I'd love the support, and would like to have some good information on there as well. As it is I posted a comparison of RC Components 3.0 inch slips and the Vic 2 into 1 stage 2 exhaust here:

Also an LED headlight assembly install (not just a bulb conversion) here:

Thanks for checking it out. A small way to support Vic riders too I suppose. Ride safe guys!

#3 ·
Awesome 3dee thanks for watching! The RCX is a fantastic sound overall, just when I have my helmet on it seemed to drone. I have a Shoei RF1200 so one of the quietest helmets, so yeah. Here's the thing though, I'm insanely picky with my exhausts on my vehicles. On my Xterra I must have had at least 4 or five different setups. As for the Vic 2 into 1 I may try to decat it at some point or something.

I'll be selling the RC slips when I get a chance to list on eBay.

#13 ·
Yeah last year in CT it would be 40F in the mornings and by the time I get out of work it's a blistering 97F at %120938 humidity LOL. Oh well, the happiness that riding gives me makes it worth it. Motovlogging is fun too, kinda makes you think about yourself in a weird existential sort of way.

#14 ·
If you had some better wind protection you wouldn't mind the cold as much.. I ride into the 20's pretty regularly in the winter and I have ridden into the teens (fahrenheit) but that's just no fun no matter what you're wearing. While the grip on road may not be what it is in the middle of summer it's not like you're skating on ice.. unless of course you actually do hit a patch of ice. That's the biggie to worry about.. even dripping car exhaust can put little gotchas all over the place, not to mention crap on the road like salt and cinders.

#16 ·
Here is another episode for your viewing consumption. Also I will be making a how to on a new part soon (it's coming from Revzilla) it is a performance upgrade not related to the engine. I don't want to give it away yet. I PROMISE it will be worth the wait, so subscribe. Thanks!

#17 ·
Noob rider (of 1.5months) here, it's not too cold to ride up north. Just gotta be prepared. Been commuting since end of Feb in 13°F all the way to above freezing. Heated gloves and one piece carthart over my normal crash gear. Works well and very comfy. Commute is 45 mins with about 30 of it being on the highway.

The octane does just fine in the cold, although switching to 10w-60 oil is a good idea, otherwise morning starts are hard.

#19 ·
Nice! We're the last bikes produced by Victory, we gotta stick together! LOL

A new episode up tonight...A day early I know, but I have to work Saturday so I want to make sure I get the latest up. Also I have my other part that I mentioned in the Ness video coming Friday the 19th (I think, I haven't gotten a delivery date yet) Just like the brake upgrade, I think people will want to see this next part even more. Although (to hint) this part is something that is a matter of taste for some, functionality for others. I'm excited to produce these install and review videos. I hope everyone likes them as well.

Thanks for the support!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.