VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a big Americana show in the UK this weekend where Victory had a hospitality area (many thanks for all the food and drink) and one of the announcements was that a Scottish rider, Glenn Watson had designed and registered a tartan using the colours of the Victory badge. What a great idea and can't wait for the clothing range!

To view the tartan:

CLICK HERE

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
For us Yankees, would a tartan be a kilt? I could google but I'm too lazy this morning.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Tartan is the pattern and colours (bit like a copyright), kilts are made using the family/clan tartan design but other clothes items can incorporate the tartan

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

My family name is Andrews and ourtartan looks awful.
I was able to see a print of the Victory tartan at the Americana show and it looks great, I'll be one of the first in the queue when it's in production.
Paul.

·
Registered
92 Posts

RedRyder said:
I want a utility kilt made out of it. :)
http://www.utilikilts.com/company/products/kilts/workmans/
Is that a screwdriver under your kilt or are you just glad to see me? :O
I love my Utilikilt! You do have to be a little careful getting on to and off of the bike though. And, not JUST because of the hot exhaust...
I was looking into getting my family tartan. While researching my options, I saw a notice that in some places you may be approached as to the validity of your wearing a specific tartan. I guess some take this a little more seriously...
I guess the only option is to wear your Victory tartan only while riding, right?
I'll always be reminded of the lady helping me purchase my Utilikilt, who said: Remember, unless you are going commando (or more correctly, regimental), you are just another guy in a skirt.
Ken

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi guys,
I thought you might like some information on the new Victory tartan.
Tartan name: Victory
The rationale for the tartan:
The victory tartan is based on the tank badge of Victory Motorcycles.
The black is the badge background.
The grey is representative of the silver lettering and border, grey is the closest colour wool dying will allow to silver, it will probably stay grey unless someone invents a chrome coloured sheep.
The globe is represented by the azure and green, there is no green in the tank badge, so using a bit of designers licence. The green and blue is used to represent the earth, land green and water blue, to convey Polaris Industries, Inc's, commitment to the environment. The Azure is also the colour of the Scottish national flag, and preserves a Scottish connection with the tartan.
The yellow or gold both side of the green and blue is the wings.
Finally the red is the red "V" in the middle of the badge, there is no particular reason for the red to be a twin line, other than there is very few tartans with a twin red line making the tartan unique and easily recognisable

and some pictures

Cheers, Glenn Watson.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well, that's interesting. I'd love a helmet in that tartan print! I'd also like to ride in front of anyone wearing a kilt in that tartan.. I'll make sure I have my mirrors adjusted accordingly! Mwahahaha

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

Mudge said:
A nice light kilt and some highway pegs would sure cool things off on hot summer rides, as long as the sporran doesn't get in the way.
Very funny!!!! I like it ..... ha-ha-ha!!! LOL!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.