VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a motorcycle. The one thing I've found is that almost all of the bikes are made for small people. When is Victory..... AND the Ness family gonna realize that most of us are OVER 6ft tall? Even the Vision, which is a neat bike,is way too small in the cockpit area. Yet, you would think other bars would be made toaccomodate taller riders.Nope. The seats are no better either.
That's a major drawback IMO, especially when I can go to HD and have a whole world of parts available. I know Victory is a relativly new company but the current design has been in service for 5 years already. Isn't it time the aftermarket needs to realize that Victory is here to stay and that their owners need/want the aftermarket?
Time to step it up!
Rant over.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Hate to break it to you but most of us are not over 6'. The average American male is 5'10.5".... The average Canadian is 5' 9.5".
But with that said between Club and the Canadians (Spider, OneThumb and others) their average size is 6'5" plus and I have never heard then complain.
Also, some of us height challenged (I'm 5'9") found the new x-bikes to be a little large but with the adjustable foot positions makes it seem just right for most sizes...
Haven't seen a HD any bigger, you may want to try a BMW, there taller?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Oh, and to your next point of a tired design, how long has HD been using the same motor and styles ie the Ultra? Suzuki C series cruisers 10 years, Kawasaki 6-7 years. Yamaha... Kaw... ect ect ect

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I was ranting.... that's also known as venting. I was pumped up to get a leftover Ness Vision, but the damn thing is tiny in theseating area. (I'm 6'4, 290lbs) A simple bar swap and seat change would do it, but there's nothing offered to makethemods. I guess I have to go with the HD as none of the import cruisers do it for me. The M109 is cool but it sounds like crap with pipes.
On a side note, this is my first trip into the cruiser realm, I'm coming from a turbo'd Busa.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Cross Roads - New
Cross Country - New
Vision - 3 years (Millions in developement dollars not time to change)
Vegas - Yes older and on the way out
Kingpin - already being phased out
Most motorcycle companies change over 5 years. However most companies have no truley new models for this year, Victory released two new models. That would be 100% more then the metrics except for the Fury and I dont know of any new HD. BMW has 1 new model (actually the same as last year with a bigger motor).
Just dont understand where they are tired? I am not a fanboy but 60% of their line is new or current. Remember they dont sell 300k units a year, new designs ever couple of years would put the bike out of most of our price ranges..

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
GMbusa said:
I was ranting.... that's also known as venting. I was pumped up to get a leftover Ness Vision, but the damn thing is tiny in theseating area. (I'm 6'4, 290lbs) A simple bar swap and seat change would do it, but there's nothing offered to makethemods. I guess I have to go with the HD as none of the import cruisers do it for me. The M109 is cool but it sounds like crap with pipes.
On a side note, this is my first trip into the cruiser realm, I'm coming from a turbo'd Busa.
They do make cut down seats and two inch forward bars for taller people. I ride a B-king (naked Busa) and if you fit on that you should have no problem with a Vision...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can see the vision bars being a little cramped for a 6'+ person. But the Kinpin i know isnt cramped at all. im 5'10 and i gotta reach a little with the stock bars and the leg placement aint cramped at all. Talk to spider hes friken huge and dont look too cramped on his kinpin.

Also, other than the vision atm, victory and the aftermarket sell many types of bars. Im sure one may be to your liking. Take a second look.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Im 6' 230# and have no issues with my stock Vision set up. last summer i went to Florida and back to Chicago 3 times and loved every second of it.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I'm 6'3" 235lbs and lived on a V92C for years, then many years on my Kingpin. Haven't ridden my Cross enough to know.

I did find the Vision a little constricting(handlebars back too far). My Cross doesn't have the Vision bars but similar to my Kingpin so I'm not expecting much difficulty.

Anyhow I also find the Cross/Vision a little shy on leg room but I believe it's something I'll adjust to or put on some highway pegs to alleviate the lack of space.

I don't find the HD's to be any better without spending a lot of money to get different controls. I can spend the same amount of money developing something to modify my bike if need be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree, up size would be nice!!!! Maybe 120ci...LOL I am 6-4 245 pounds and put 12,600 miles on my 09 Vision last year and never felt cramped once. Longest ride was just out side of Nashville to Valdosta Ga, ten hours and 17 minutes of riding. I have ridden abunch of other bikes and I have never found a bike roomier than a vision. Ifyou thinkset of forward pegs on a HD gives you the best ride, please enjoy your new ride. My happy butt and long legs and monkey arms will be hanging on the my Vic's for a long time....

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am 6'3" and 300 pounds and my Vision fits me great.
All I had to do was to get the Ness Drag Bars, stock was way to close.
Now for the Ness Vision, that seat is horrible for anyone over 5' 6".
It puts way to much pressure on your crotch.
Our last Victory rep had a Ness Vision and he put a stock seat on it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
GMbusa said:
Well I see now where you are coming from, see, i'm 6'4" 270 lbs, so I must be at the Victory limit, maby if you lose 20 lbs you will fit better ;)
I promiss you Harley has nothing available that will fit me or you, without major parts swapping, or reworking.
I lowered my floorboards and moved them out 2" and my little ole Kingpin fits like a glove.
And if this is your first trip to the laid back side, nobody makes anything to fit me and you without a little tweaking.
Good luck, no matter which way you go, just be prepared to change a few things to fit you better.

·
Registered
717 Posts
When I first went bike shopping I tried a Road King and an Ultra Classic.
Both were extremely uncomfortable especially the Ultra.
Have not found any other bike out there as comfortable as my two.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Rick057 said:
When I first went bike shopping I tried a Road King and an Ultra Classic.
Both were extremely uncomfortable especially the Ultra.
Have not found any other bike out there as comfortable as my two.
Rick, those were the exact bikes i rode thinking i wanted one, until i rode my Vision, Game set and match! Nothing i rode was better for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Size is what led me to Victory in the first place. My Harley's left me feeling cramped with no leg room, I've ridden a lot of bikes and none have the room to move that a Victory does. I'm 6'3" and 265lbs. My Kingpin with a Mustang seat almost gives me too much room.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.