VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in my new lower spoiler and not feelin the way it looks on the bike. I have posted some pic's to share with you guys tell me what you think. It's not painted to match yet and may not be. Thinking about sending it back, if any of you have pic's of on your bike please post. Missing that custom fix look.

·
Registered
11,768 Posts
Well, I guess you want feedback.

I am sorry, wouldn't be on my bike. Certainly no hurt feelings intended.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Love what you did with the raking and coloring of your forks, don't mess up the looks putting that particular spoileron a beautiful bike.
Used to havethe '08Jackpot with that paint scheme, traded for a CC.
Good luck finding a better fit, I do believe a spoiler that fits would look good on that bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same spoiler on my 07 Hammer and at first I wasn't loving it but it has since grown on me. Black spoiler on a black bike, so it's a little more subtle and blends in better I think. I have gotten a few compliments on it. I think part of your problem with yours is fitment. It was designed to fit pre-08 bikes with the horizontal oil cooler, it looks funny on the newer bikes IMO, like it wasn't made for it. This is the only pic I have of my bike with the spoiler on, that is if you can see it behind the brunette with the nice set of getaway sticks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice bike JHammer, I would like to thank all of you for your comments. The spoiler looks good on JHammer's bike and like shi* on my. I'm really not feelin it so shipping it back Monday. Once again thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I like the spoiler on the Hammer ..... however .... on the Jackpot ...... umm - agreed. Not feeling it either. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I agree that it doesn't fit the bike and so doesn't look good. If you could find one that fits or modify that one to mold into the bike better I might like it.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Brooksl-You made the right call sending it back. without the oil cooler to top it off and it looks horrendous. I personally like the looks of those lower fairings/spoilers in general.....just not this one.

Live and learn....good call.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Mounted and painted correctly, I like it.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I'm glad you posted this, I was considdering one for my JP. I now know that I need to try to find a better fitting one or ditch the idea completely. What company made that one?

·
Banned
3,010 Posts

Just as a little defense to my spoiler. It clearly states on my website that they need painted. We offer it in the different colors only so that when you paint it, and then it chips you at least have a color close to the topcoat. This way you dont see the chips as easy. Also this spoiler is made for the 05-07 bikes with the oil cooler on top. It does not fit and is no where close to fitting 08 and newer bikes.
We didallow the spoiler to be returned from the company that he purchased it through.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.