VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, I had a friend that rides an F3T invite me down for the annual rally. That was before my wife bought her F3T. Now we have even more reason to go. We are all loaded up (not an easy task getting a Spyder and a Magnum in a 7x16 enclosed trailer I might add) and ready to pull out. We will be in Maggie Valley thru the weekend. I plan on posting pictures here while I am there. Should be a fun weekend. Weather seems to be clearing up for the most part. Looking forward to some good riding.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
They sure picked a great place to have their rally. What great roads and the scenery should be fantastic with the leaves changing. If you have an extra day you might want to hit up Mountainrider and spend a day riding the mountains of northern GA. Have fun !!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Mountainrider

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
The Wheels Through Time is pleased to introduce the 2017 Annual Raffle Bike - a classic black and chrome 1948 Harley-Davidson Panhead Springer! This motorcycle was brought back to life in 2016 by Wheels Through Time Founder and Curator Dale Walksler and has had a full restoration and been given several upgrades along the way! The gorgeous '48 could be yours on Raffle Day - November 11, 2017! The drawing will take place in front of a live audience at The Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. You can also watch the event Live on our Facebook Page We hope to see you on Raffle Day and Thank You for supporting The Wheels Through Time!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured I should post a few pictures from today. This first one should take you back a few years. Feel free to sing along...

"One of these things is not like the others..."

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Cloud Mountain Sky Vehicle Nature

We stopped off at the fairgrounds this am after breakfast to give the fog time to lift. After that, we hit moonshiner 28 for a good ride and a couple of waterfalls. I was riding with 9 Spyders. First time I ever felt like a third wheel on a ride (pun intended) hahaha. Here are some other pictures from our ride.

Water Water resources Bedrock Natural landscape Waterfall

Water Plant community Plant Natural environment Natural landscape

We are planning to ride the dragon and cherohala tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was good meeting @Mountainrider today. No one warned me about his disappearing act tho. :biggrin: He passed a car on Cherohala and I never saw him again! Found out in a pm from him, he pulled off and rejoined us at the back of the pack and shot video of us. At the end of the skyway, we turned off and he went straight toward home.

We took a few pics today, but I'm going to hold off and post them later.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Water Cloud Sky Natural landscape Lake

Sky Mountain Water Water resources Plant community

Plant Sky Plant community Tree Land lot

Cloud Sky Mountain Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape Water Terrestrial plant

Sky Plant Working animal Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sky Plant Flag Tree Road surface

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

Water Water resources Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cloud Sky Plant community Mountain Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Mountain Highland

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Mountain Azure

Sky Plant Plant community Natural environment Natural landscape

• Winner

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sky Plant Road surface Asphalt Natural landscape

Sky Plant Ecoregion Mountain Natural landscape

Wheel Sky Tire Automotive tire Road surface

Tire Sky Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Car

Sky Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Automotive tire

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I'm sure I passed by you guys sometime on Saturday. I know we saw a couple of groups of Spyders. My mom came up from Alabama for the weekend and Saturday we went over the Cherohala to Fontana and then took the Dragon home. The VW handled the dragon pretty well!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm sure I passed by you guys sometime on Saturday. I know we saw a couple of groups of Spyders. My mom came up from Alabama for the weekend and Saturday we went over the Cherohala to Fontana and then took the Dragon home. The VW handled the dragon pretty well!
We did the dragon and Cherohala on Friday. Saturday we rode the BRP northeast out of Maggie Valley up to 226A at Little Switzerland and Route 80 (devils whip). It was probably some other groups you saw. There were easily 200 - 300 Spyders at the rally.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.