VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the Victory HID headlight?
Is it worth the money? Are both the high and low beam HID?
I'm trying to decide if I should use the Victory or a aftermarket HID light.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I can only speak for the Vision and when it's on, it's like day and night...really bright. In the daytime, I keep it on to remain more visible to the cages.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Mine came with the HID light. I rarely turn on my brights. I also have highway lights on my lower bars so that helps too. I rarely get blinked for having my brights on, but with all 3 on there it looks light a freight train coming.

The difference between my VStar normal light & this one are literally night & day. I don't mind riding at night nearly as much.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It was on mine too, I really noticed the difference between HID and regular when riding on the slab in Florida.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Like Fishy, I rarely use the brights...unless I'm flipping the switch to flash the lights for another rider or to get the attention of a cager.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rollin:

Not sure where you live, but as far as seeing deer and critters at night you cannot beat the HID light! The quality of the light gives me at least another 500-1000 feet of sight for deer crossing at night.

Up here in Minnesota that can make a difference between impact and missing them. The light seems to illuminate their coat better than the standard light.

Just my 2 cents!

p.s. and like Fishwitch and Andy I too run the PIAA running lights on my highway bars.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I installed the HID on my 07 Hammer S Last spring. Big difference, like night and day IMO :). The high beam is not HID, but you really wont use it. I get flashed all the time from others thinking my brights are on. I also see people adjusting their mirrors when I am behind them. Fairly easy install. I would do again if I purchased another Vic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I installed the HID on my 09 Hammer, and absolutely love it!! Not only is there safety in mind, but it gives the bike a cool look!! My wife also has it on the Vegas low... and again.. you just cant go wrong with it!! Like Bubba said night and day!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
HELP!
I am trying to find instructions for installing the HID on my 07 Kingpin. They sent me the kit w/out telling me how to install it!
I know it's a plug-in, but I can't find the correct connector to plug it into.
Can anyone help a brother out?

I'm glad I stumbled on this site. I've been reading thru different topics and all of you are putting me at ease with things I've been questioning since buying my scooter a couple weeks ago.

By the way, does anyone else experience a slight push to the right on the bike? My old Boulavard C50 ran straight as an arrow. My KPT constantly leans slightly to the right. I had the wind screen adjusted because it was off center to the left causing a hug push to the right, but now that it's centered, I've only got a little push...any insight?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Did you find the two plugs for the ballast under the seat? There is a small plug in the headlight shell for the HID bulb.
Another nice thing about the Victory kit is that the HID will stay on when you put the hi-beams on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been searching for plugs that match the adapter on the install kit. I'm starting to wonder if they gave me the everything required. I have the headlight and the harness. The harness has the 2 adapters, 1 for the bulb, and the other for.......

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
davidbhalen said:
I've been searching for plugs that match the adapter on the install kit. I'm starting to wonder if they gave me the everything required. I have the headlight and the harness. The harness has the 2 adapters, 1 for the bulb, and the other for.......
Did you get this kit from Victory?
There should be a HID bulb and a ballast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is an OEM kit from the Vic dealer. I have the bulb and harness, no ballast!
They shorted me a part it seems...great.

Look forward to experiencing the awesomeness of the HID. Soon I hope.

Thanks Rollin.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
My HID is outragious. Super bright white, however on mine at least it really only shows about 20 or so feet out in front of me and wide, side to side.
Is it meant for more of the stuff right out in fromt of you or should it be aimed up higher?
It seems its not really meant to project out far.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I notice that shortsightedness on my HID as well. It act like a fog light with a 30'x30' pool right in front of the wheel. Not what I expected. I may end up mounting something on the forks if I do a lot of night riding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.