VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some talk has started about a meet this year. If that is going to happen, then the planning needs to start now. And it needs to be a serious effort. I was looking around and for a somewhat centrally located area where there are many great ride opportunities, Mountain Home Arkansas seems good. There are a number of Resorts in the area that can take a large motorcycle group and still maintain very reasonable pricing. Many are very nice, some more rustic.

It would certainly be helpful if someone here with experience with that area were to chime in. We have ridden Arkansas many times, but not actually been to Mt. Home.

Here's the thing. First, we must decide on a time, Which dates and how many days. Then we will have to set up the lodging and this may be challenging as around the time of end of May to first part of June, most are booked close to capacity already. So, this needs to happen as quickly as possible. Bring your ideas and input, but keep it simple and once we have some solid info we can decide. I am not suggesting May or June, but was just sampling the booking rate. Looks like they could fill up fast.

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
I'm interested but can't even try to suggest something. We're so short at work that they've cancelled our ability to take time off. I'm not sure how long this is going to continue. For me being part of the weekend would help as I have weekends off.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I'm concerned, meeting in NM would be fine, but trying to keep it more centralized for every one. Harrison works, too. It's not that far from Mt. Home, but I was thinking about staying away from a "larger" city. We've stayed in Harrison a few times. I don't know what the state park situation is since the covid thing, but I know AK has some great ones.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We stay in Mountain Home every year, well the Vmax group does. I have missed the last couple of rides. We stay at the Quality Inn, it's pretty convenient. The state parks are awesome, Blanchard Springs comes to mind. But it's in the middle of no where, no stores, no gas, no food, Big Flat has a liquor store. We also stay in Mountain View, and Allison. Anglers White river or Jacks Resort. Jacks is bare bones. There are also hotels in Mt View. If you stay in Mt View, you get to ride Hwy 14 multiple times!!!!
IMHO, For the Victory group, Harrison is your closest place for the majority of the best roads. Those that want too, can make a day trip out on 14, to 341 (Push Mt Road), then down 5 to Allison, 9 to Melbourne (be careful on 9!!!!) and then return to Harrison. Or just ride the Yellow roads around Harrison and Jasper. It's all awesome. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Some talk has started about a meet this year. If that is going to happen, then the planning needs to start now. And it needs to be a serious effort. I was looking around and for a somewhat centrally located area where there are many great ride opportunities, Mountain Home Arkansas seems good. There are a number of Resorts in the area that can take a large motorcycle group and still maintain very reasonable pricing. Many are very nice, some more rustic.

It would certainly be helpful if someone here with experience with that area were to chime in. We have ridden Arkansas many times, but not actually been to Mt. Home.

Here's the thing. First, we must decide on a time, Which dates and how many days. Then we will have to set up the lodging and this may be challenging as around the time of end of May to first part of June, most are booked close to capacity already. So, this needs to happen as quickly as possible. Bring your ideas and input, but keep it simple and once we have some solid info we can decide. I am not suggesting May or June, but was just sampling the booking rate. Looks like they could fill up fast.
Although never on the bike I have been to Mt Home many times. Heart of the Ozarks. Some great rides out there for sure. Bring a fishing rod with you as well as there is some tremendous fishing!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

for riding curves and scenery harrison is probably better. but i believe a lot of resorts have folded bc of pandemic, hard times. not sayin, just sayin. i used to have property on lake norfork/mountain home area. both areas are the same for places to stay. but ,the riding is a bit more on par with the smokies, if ya start out from harrison.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Although never on the bike I have been to Mt Home many times. Heart of the Ozarks. Some great rides out there for sure. Bring a fishing rod with you as well as there is some tremendous fishing!
we appreciate ya comin down leavin your money and returning time and again to leave some more money. just be sure to come again and go back safely.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, meeting in NM would be fine, but trying to keep it more centralized for every one. Harrison works, too. It's not that far from Mt. Home, but I was thinking about staying away from a "larger" city. We've stayed in Harrison a few times. I don't know what the state park situation is since the covid thing, but I know AK has some great ones.
ak? you talkin alaska now? abbreviation for arkansas is ar.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Already scheduled for Harrison Sept 29 - Oct 2.
Victory Vision Gathering 4.0
Victory Vision Owners Group on Facebook in Events
Light Product Font Screenshot Line

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, those dates work for me, because I plan to pull the trigger on retirement in Sept. If not restricted to Visions, then lets do that. Make it a Victory gathering, or something like that. Hell, I don't care what it's called as long as we're riding. Will go there and check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, so let me take a new approach to this......I see, all bikes welcome, so I will plan to make this event for sure. Like I said, I'll be retired so it's perfect. But....would anyone be interested in another Hill Country ride in the spring?

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
I reckon youse could all meet up DownUnder in Australia
Ha! And what? Sit in a covid camp for two weeks?

Probably be better for all if you just came here.

Fly into Houston and I'll pick you up.

·
Registered
778 Posts
OK, so let me take a new approach to this......I see, all bikes welcome, so I will plan to make this event for sure. Like I said, I'll be retired so it's perfect. But....would anyone be interested in another Hill Country ride in the spring?
Weve had a few cross bikes join, the more the merrier! It's all Family. This is a fun event because it is not an organized rally. Everyone shows up hangs out, informal rides or do your own thing. The only organized part is the photo shoot of all the bikes together at some scenic spot.

Reactions: jwfuchs1 and arkvic

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I would ..... had planned on treking down 2 seasons ago...the Vid killed that.

Ready is the Hammer.

Peter

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Ha! And what? Sit in a covid camp for two weeks?

Probably be better for all if you just came here.

Fly into Houston and I'll pick you up.
Y'all just gonna have to bide yr time and wait for that.
We will be there after the Revolution.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Well, those dates work for me, because I plan to pull the trigger on retirement in Sept. If not restricted to Visions, then lets do that. Make it a Victory gathering, or something like that. Hell, I don't care what it's called as long as we're riding. Will go there and check it out. Thanks.
September is better for me as well and already planned.

I might make the hill country but I'm gonna set up a 4 corners trip in June. It will be me, my wife (should be), my mom and my dad. I'm sure I'll be rolling across I-10 if you wanna be apart of the trip. I got routes and over nights kinda planned already.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
September is better for me as well and already planned.

I might make the hill country but I'm gonna set up a 4 corners trip in June. It will be me, my wife (should be), my mom and my dad. I'm sure I'll be rolling across I-10 if you wanna be apart of the trip. I got routes and over nights kinda planned already.
Let me know, we'll see what happens. Nice trip.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts