VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of buying a new 2011 Victory Kingpin and had a couple of questions. I'm curious about what kind of average gas milage your getting on stock Kingpins. My local dealer said I should be able to get at least 40 MPG if you keep your foot out of it. Just wanted to get an idea from current Kingpin owners on this forum.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

I just have over 22,000 km on mine an 09 Kingpin, 10,500 kms -6,524 miles so far this year just with riding on weekends.
Last year (09) my best milage was 57.41 miles/gal. hwy with a 47.65 city/hwy average.
This year (2010) my best is 61.91 miles/gal. hwy with a 50.52 city/hwyaverage.
I have had 10 runs this year over last years best of 57.41 mpg.
5 of them have been over 59/mpg in 6th gear at freeway speeds.
Our gal is larger 4.546 litres compared to your 3.785 liter/gal.
Converter
http://www.tdiclub.com/misc/conversions.html

·
Registered
398 Posts
Approximately 17000 miles on my 09 KP Tour and average 42 miles per U.S. gallon. Usually getting 152 miles before the reserve light comes on. Have gone 186 miles with about 1/4 of a gallon left in the tank. My bike has the S and S breather with the Victory slip on exhaust system. I travel without a passenger and usually like riding at around 70 mph in 5th gear. Use 6th for any speeds above that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, thanks for the information and feedback. This gives me a pretty good idea about what kind of milage I should expect. My bike I'm upgrading from currently gets 50 miles to the gallon but the kingpin is much larger displacement. I'm really looking forward to making the switch to the Victory. Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
The higher mileage reported here has all been I believe in Canuck gallons or the Imperial system . That would explain perhaps the difference between Canuck riders and US riders consumption.
I am not positive but on our trip to South Dakota this summer my 09 pin got around 48 per gallon US when I was'nt on the trottle to hard

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

poptop said:
The higher mileage reported here has all been I believe in Canuck gallons or the Imperial system . That would explain perhaps the difference between Canuck riders and US riders consumption.
I am not positive but on our trip to South Dakota this summer my 09 pin got around 48 per gallon US when I was'nt on the trottle to hard
Our gallon is larger, we still should be able to get the same miles/tank at 17 litres cap.
In the perfect situation you could get 231 miles or better on a tank at asteady constant speed in 6th. I average between 120 & 130 km that's 75 & 80 miles/hr. freeway speeds.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I have an English to Canuck translator if ya need it!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
the one thing people are missing here is the 2011 part. The displacement went from 100 to 106 and all cruiser 106's have the hotter cams. Previously this was only the fat tire bikes.

I doubt it makes much difference but hp wise(crank numbers) is an extra 5 ponies and 4 lbs of torque or so.

Anyhow depending on how you drive, where you drive, how much you carry weightwise, how much you and a passenger way etc.

My 04 Kingpin would always get me a steady upper 40's but in playful times it would drop to the low 40's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My new 2008 Kingpin with Stage 1 at 5000 ft altitude in Albuquerque.

40-45 mpg running around and consistently get 48-49 mpg while riding in the mountains and highways around here.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

08 KP here with 10,500k on it. A mix of riding and depending on temperatures I switch between mid grade and premium and have been averaging 44mpg. Best I ever had was last year same type of riding but weahter had been extremely humid, just short of rain and was averaging 48 mpg.
Most of my riding barely used 6th gear. Keeping your foot out of it (to me)means racing light to light and having to rev betweeen gears and at stop lights.
I averaged 42mpg duing the week I was in Sturgis area. That included all the stop and go in town and highway riding up and down the hills.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the reply's and feedback. But as one member discussed, the new 2011 Kingpins now will have the 106 motor over the 100 cu inch version. I would have to assume that with the added inches and horsepower the 106 will drink a l little more fuel as expected. So I guess for the bump in performance, the cost of a little more fuel will be the penalty. I'm sure I'll forget about the higher cost every time I give the throttle a little more twist.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Roadrep said:
Thanks for the reply's and feedback. But as one member discussed, the new 2011 Kingpins now will have the 106 motor over the 100 cu inch version. I would have to assume that with the added inches and horsepower the 106 will drink a l little more fuel as expected. So I guess for the bump in performance, the cost of a little more fuel will be the penalty. I'm sure I'll forget about the higher cost every time I give the throttle a little more twist.
I read somewhere that they expect the new 106 to out perform the 100 in all aspects, they just tweeked it to improve it a little more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Earlier this year I went on a 1500 mi trip, with my sweetie, circling Lake Michigan,two up saddle bags & sissy bar bag stuffed full. Mileage ranged from 42 to 54 mpg, could tell the difference between interstate (wich we avoided as much as possible) and scenic 2 lanes. Still, not much consistency.
Don't worry about the mileage just enjoy the journey. (and don't drive with your feet) ;-)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

So to make things simple if it's in Imperial MPG and you want US MPG divide by 1.2

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.