VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Andy has to make a living but WTF!

Maybe it's been here for a while but I had Adblocker turned off for another site and I saw this for the first time today.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

I would run it as well if they are paying me.I dont care if it HD, Honda or Big Dog asa man's gotta make the money.
Think of it this way HD has made somuch money in the last yearthey can afford to advertise on here. They want to convert us all to HD riders. We all know better but if they could only ride Victory.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yet another good reason to run adblocker.

It was kind of funny when I first started using adblocker in Firefox. The V-RodForums had just been sold to Vertical Scope and as one of the founding members, moderators and admins we were getting barraged by members complaining about the banner ads. We actually had an instructional section on how to install it. Pissed off the new owners to no end but in the end they relented and grandfathered existing members onto the site so they could turn off the banner ads like the paid members can.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Yes, I noticed it too!

For the record, this site uses Google Ads and basically, they are placed automatically. Yes, I can go in and block them individually, but hey, it's just an ad.

FYI, Google pays the lowest rates...but they make things very easy to manage. The good news is that this site is not indebted to any advertiser and we owe nobody anything. This way you'll know if the Management (Me) decides to voice an opinion, you'll know that it's not bought and paid for.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Andy said:
FYI, Google pays the lowest rates...but they make things very easy to manage. The good news is that this site is not indebted to any advertiser and we owe nobody anything. This way you'll know if the Management (Me) decides to voice an opinion, you'll know that it's not bought and paid for.
.....................................................................................................................................
Andy, due to the above statement, You'll make a Lousy politican, & never get voted in!!!!, Please run for office!!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
No Dean, you would be theSergent at Arms. Have to back up your people!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.