VOG Forum banner

Victory Demo Truck Complaint!

6279 Views 87 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  dsjr70
Yeah I know Victory does nothing wrong, but they do some stupid crap from time to time. Rumor has it they put on a couple of extra demo trucks so they can be at all the events if dealers want them. Well the other day I find out that they are not going to be at Biketoberfest in Daytona because it is to expensive to reroute them from a normal dealer event to Daytona and back. Now okay, I can see if they scheduled the week before at a dealer in Texas then the week after at a dealer in Arizona it wouldnt be cost effective. BUT, they have more then one truck and the dealers pay for this service (probably not the whole amount).
Dont you think it would be smarter to schedule the rest of your dealer demo's around major motorcycle events and not the other way? So when I walk down Main Street this year there will be no corporate presence... There are only about 10 really major events a year and I feel Victory should make it a point to be at all of these...
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
mjw930 said:
gwritesel said:
I think Victory just need to display a few bikes on trailers at Biketoberfest,maybe a bike and trailer package and their sales will go off the charts.Sorry couldn't help my self,I ride my bikes everywhere that I go.
Geo.
OK, so I'm sufficiently lost........ And your point is?
Just being sarcastic,most of the big bike events have become trailer fests
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
gwritesel said:
mjw930 said:
gwritesel said:
I think Victory just need to display a few bikes on trailers at Biketoberfest,maybe a bike and trailer package and their sales will go off the charts.Sorry couldn't help my self,I ride my bikes everywhere that I go.
Geo.
OK, so I'm sufficiently lost........ And your point is?
Just being sarcastic,most of the big bike events have become trailer fests
Got it :)

We've all seen the helmet sticker, "I rode my bike to Trailer week".

OTOH, in March, for Bikeweek there are a lot of people down here from the great white north (anything above the Mason-Dixon line) where without a trailer they aren't getting here. I don't care how hard core you are riding through snow isn't enjoyable and for the most part about as unsafe as you can get on a bike so for those I see the need for a trailer.

Then there are those like me who enjoy riding interesting roads but find absolutely no joy in covering hundreds of miles on the superslab on my bike. I own a very nice trailer and use it year round to get our bikes to the riding destinations we enjoy. I've found we actually get more riding in than we used to when we packed up the bikes and headed out based on the odometers on our bikes. Riding is a pastime for us, not a lifestyle.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,116 Posts
foambuilder said:
FWIW: Vic builds about 5-6000 bike a year. Sales are up 7%. HD is down 80%. Suz is down 120%. Honda and Yamaha are flat. Kawasaki is down 40%. Victory is just a PITA to the other manufacturers.
eta moya dva rubles
Not sure where you got your numbers, but this particular Suzuki statistic is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE......unless they sold zero bikes and also bought back 20% of their sales from the previous year.....and even then the numbers are impossible.

Also, your Vic numbers are wrong and so are your H-D numbers.....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
phoenix9 said:
foambuilder said:
FWIW: Vic builds about 5-6000 bike a year. Sales are up 7%. HD is down 80%. Suz is down 120%. Honda and Yamaha are flat. Kawasaki is down 40%. Victory is just a PITA to the other manufacturers.
eta moya dva rubles
Not sure where you got your numbers, but this particular Suzuki statistic is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE......unless they sold zero bikes and also bought back 20% of their sales from the previous year.....and even then the numbers are impossible.

Also, your Vic numbers are wrong and so are your H-D numbers.....
July 21, 2010 - Harley-Davidson reported in a public financial statement that they shipped 112,720 motorcycles in the first 6 months of 2010, a 15.2 percent decrease compared to last year's 132,849 units for the period.
Suzuki Sales
Specifically, Suzuki has further reported that sales in the motorcycle segment saw an overall 115.7% year on year increase (ATV included) to 820,000 units
 

· Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
I'm with Satxron on this, can't say I have ever considered buying at Laconia, ne ver mind Daytona.

Speaking of the Demo truck though, the guy's at Mom's South in Foxboro (MA) tell me the truck is back at the end of October (28th & 29th due to the Pat's game on the 30th) & the Ness guys are supposed to be there on the Friday afternoon!

Time for an end of season ride on a Hammer & Cross Roads for me!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
mjw930 said:
gwritesel said:
mjw930 said:
gwritesel said:
I think Victory just need to display a few bikes on trailers at Biketoberfest,maybe a bike and trailer package and their sales will go off the charts.Sorry couldn't help my self,I ride my bikes everywhere that I go.
Geo.
OK, so I'm sufficiently lost........ And your point is?
Just being sarcastic,most of the big bike events have become trailer fests
Got it :)

We've all seen the helmet sticker, "I rode my bike to Trailer week".

OTOH, in March, for Bikeweek there are a lot of people down here from the great white north (anything above the Mason-Dixon line) where without a trailer they aren't getting here. I don't care how hard core you are riding through snow isn't enjoyable and for the most part about as unsafe as you can get on a bike so for those I see the need for a trailer.

Then there are those like me who enjoy riding interesting roads but find absolutely no joy in covering hundreds of miles on the superslab on my bike. I own a very nice trailer and use it year round to get our bikes to the riding destinations we enjoy. I've found we actually get more riding in than we used to when we packed up the bikes and headed out based on the odometers on our bikes. Riding is a pastime for us, not a lifestyle.
It's not a lifestyle for me but I am retired so where ever I decide to go I try to do it on the bike if possible.I rode to bikeweek last March from Ohio.My wife is a Motor Maid so we rode out to their convention in Cody,Wy in July.She rode her sidecar rig and I rode my ST 1300 out there and I traded the St for my Cross Country At Billings,Mt.Love the bike,got about 9000 on her now.Sorry for the thread drift.
Geo.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Half_Crazy said:
dsjr70 said:
Suzuki Sales
Specifically, Suzuki has further reported that sales in the motorcycle segment saw an overall 115.7% year on year increase (ATV included) to 820,000 units
Wouldn't that mean sales are up?
Yep, that's how I read it... Digging further into allot of their jump was in the sub 500 moped class.
 
81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top