VOG Forum banner

Victory Cruise Control

2623 17
Guys,

Would like to get some feedback on anyone using the Victory electronic cruise control on their 09 or 10 Victory bike. I'm in the process of buying a 2011 Kingpin and was thinking about having the Victory cruise installed when I get the bike. I would like to hear from guys that have it and us it. Does it work well, and maintain speed on normally good roads, and have you had any issues and etc??? Looking forward to the feedback.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have an XC and use the cruise control fairly often on straight roads. I think it works quite well. I hate straight roads and that makes them a little better for me. It works just like a car cruise control. If you go up a hill, it gives more power to keep you at the speed you have set. If you go down hill, it backs off. When you turn it on you have to wait a couple of seconds to hit the set button, but that's about the only thing you have to remember. When you come up on a slower car tap one of the brakes. Then you can hit resume when you get around them.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
cruise control isn't really needed on bikes but it is nice to have. It also helps keep the blue and reds at bay, set the cruise at a safe speed, you won't get a ticket.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
It's worth every penny in my mind, but then again, everything around here is 300 miles away.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Rollin said:
I'm still having a hard time bending my fingers on my right hand after my tendon surgery. I thinkmy next bike might have cruise control.
Isnt your Pin pretty new? You can add it to it if it is an 08 or newer...
It's a 2006. I was going to replace after this year but I'm broke.
It's going to have to last one more year.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Rollin said:
dsjr70 said:
Rollin said:
I'm still having a hard time bending my fingers on my right hand after my tendon surgery. I thinkmy next bike might have cruise control.
Didnt know that, I thought your Vegas was an 06... But they all look the same... I have the breakaway right now and it works pretty good, not the same but atleast it gives your hand a break.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Rollin said:
dsjr70 said:
Rollin said:
Didnt know that, I thought your Vegas was an 06... But they all look the same... I have the breakaway right now and it works pretty good, not the same but atleast it gives your hand a break.
The Vegas was an 04.
I also use the Breakaway and a Crampbuster. Good combo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 09 Vision with cruise control. I enjoy the feature and use it quite often on trips. It works reasonably well, but does "hunt" occasionally, fluctuating 2-3 mph. I have had it checked out, but nothing was found to be defective. I also have had the original cruise control fail. It was a painfully long process to resolve it. End result was a complete replacement control unit was installed. Stock unit was found to be full of water. Unit is mounted in front of the rear tire and upside down, so all cables and wiring enter the top of the control module. My service tech said they applied sealant to the top of the new unit when they installed it to prevent another failure. I just returned from a week long trip, unfortunately mostly in the rain and did experience my cruise control to kick out of the "set" mode. Cruise system indicated it was still on but I was unable to set it again. I turn the system off then later (3-4 hrs) attempted to set it at hi-way speed and it worked fine. This is unfortunately very close to the signs of my first failure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the cruise very much on long trips. But I have noticed bucking when there is a very strong head wind. A big gust of wind hits which slows down the bike, the cruise adds throttle and then backs off of it to maintain the selected speed. On none windy days it does not do this. 20 to 25 mph winds and above.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 2012 xct. I find myself using the cruise a lot. It is awesome. It took some getting used to the throttle turning when it had to accelerate or back off. Other than that it works perfectly. Like someone else said, just like a car. to turn off can hit the brakes, grab the clutch, or roll the throttle. It is totally safe.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
vision_nut said:
So cruise is what 500 bucks and this is http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/motorcycle-cruise-control/part/BAW-MCC http://buywitchdoctors.com/index.html?category_id=167&global=yes&search=cruise+control
Cruise is actually $400.00 at MSRP, most dealers give 15% off so $340.00. There is no comparing a throttle lock to electronic cruise for $140.00. Now on my Kawasaki the cruise cost over $1,000.00 and is a major install (15-20 hours with customizing parts)... I went with a throttle lock, that was a no brainer. But functionality is no where near as good and you always have to adjust it as you are riding.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Love the CC just set it kick back and enjoy the tunes as the miles click off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.