VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Victory has two types of Cross Country mini ape bars. According to the Accessory catalog one part # is for XC bikes with cruise control, the other is for XC without cruise control. What is the physical difference between the two bars. After looking at my XC ( Magnum with cruise) I am not seeing why it would make a difference. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Victory has screwed up descriptions of what will and won't work on certain bikes in the past.
Perhaps the bars are different heights and someone didn't realize that the cruise controller is just electric wires on the bars and not a cable up there.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I saw that too... and I figured the one with cruise has a longer 'grip' part of the bar (possibly) to accommodate the extra bits.. but again, this is just a guess on my part. I too am looking for a new set of black mini-apes for my new-to-me mini-apes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The difference is the cables that come with the bars. I just installed my Victory mini apes and they came with a new throttle cable and a new cruise cable. The cruise cable is the one with the two tiny electrical plugs. The small plugs are located about 6" forward of the throttle linkage on the throttle body. non-cruise bikes dont have this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The difference is the cables that come with the bars. I just installed my Victory mini apes and they came with a new throttle cable and a new cruise cable. The cruise cable is the one with the two tiny electrical plugs. The small plugs are located about 6" forward of the throttle linkage on the throttle body. non-cruise bikes dont have this.
Odd as mine just came with the bars, not new cables were included with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question:

did you factory cables work with the bars or did you have to buy new cables? Asking because I just purchased a set and all that came in the box was a set of mini apes and want to know if I need cables before I start to disassemble the bike?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Question:

did you factory cables work with the bars or did you have to buy new cables? Asking because I just purchased a set and all that came in the box was a set of mini apes and want to know if I need cables before I start to disassemble the bike?
Mine came with cables but I did not need them.

Reactions: Shiner

·
Registered
239 Posts
Question:

Mine did NOT come with cables. The stock cables reached just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.