VOG Forum banner

Victory CCT current value

1322 20
Hey all!
Just wondering if you could help me. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to keep or to sell my victory cross country tour. I only have 7000 miles on it and unfortunately it’s been a garage queen. Unfortunately for me, I had bought it so my wife and I would ride together more, but as a disabled vet I don’t get out there enough and she seem to have lost interest. Anyways, I bought it new in 2013 service it every year but only enjoy a leisurely Sunday ride and I just know someone should be out there enjoying this bike even more than I am looking at it. I’m thinking of downsizing to some thing that I will enjoy riding on my own. That’s why I ask. And the only thing is I am torn it’s paid for and like brand new but I don’t really want a new payment. What’s your thoughts?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6,632 Posts
$7000 to $8000 depending on how bad you want it gone. Less than half that as a trade in. It’s a dead brand with 5 more years of parts support from Polaris.
Have you taken the trunk off to ride it as a bagger?
IMHO, the CCT is an amazingly great motorcycle. But I’m in the minority of motorcycle owners and buyers.

· Super Moderator
26,945 Posts
The XC certainly are a higher valued Vic but not not really demanding any good coin. Most I see I believe are priced too high. I think Mark has it right and that is about all I would consider paying.....if that. You can get a Vision even cheaper. It is really sad.

Your Vic is not costing you much anything sitting there and is light on maintenance needs so I don't think keeping it is a bad idea. But then I would completely understand selling it for something smaller is size that is easier to manage for you. Chances are you can take what you get for the Vic and buy something to fit your needs.

· Premium Member
14,434 Posts
Hey all!
Just wondering if you could help me. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to keep or to sell my victory cross country tour. I only have 7000 miles on it and unfortunately it’s been a garage queen. Unfortunately for me, I had bought it so my wife and I would ride together more, but as a disabled vet I don’t get out there enough and she seem to have lost interest. Anyways, I bought it new in 2013 service it every year but only enjoy a leisurely Sunday ride and I just know someone should be out there enjoying this bike even more than I am looking at it. I’m thinking of downsizing to some thing that I will enjoy riding on my own. That’s why I ask. And the only thing is I am torn it’s paid for and like brand new but I don’t really want a new payment. What’s your thoughts?
:ttiwop:

· Registered
9,572 Posts
I have a CCT also, black with the same arm rests you have. My wife is no longer going to travel with me and only will go on "day rides". I've considered the same things as you are talking about and since mine is paid for, has a considerable amount of work on it (cams, etc) and I have a supply of parts, I believe that I will (and would if I were you ) remove the trunk and arm rests. Maybe pull the lowers, at least for warmer weather riding and enjoy. I have 62K miles on mine where as you only have 7K, and I trust mine to continue for a while. You can sell the trunk and rests quickly and for a decent amount of money. These things are very hard to come by and highly prized. Honestly, I might even consider pulling the radio and speakers and closing that off to remove a bit more weight. Most bikes I've had never had sound and traveling alone I wouldn't care. You could even trade your parts for a passenger back rest and rack and drop the selling price of these items a bit. I will be installing the passenger rest and rack. Mine came new with the bike and has been sitting wrapped up ever since. Shave a bit of that top weight and enjoy.

· Registered
6,707 Posts
Basically, it's worth is what a buyer is willing to pay and you are willing to accept. Unless you live in an area where year round riding is available, wait until spring when bikes are on the road again and the juices for buying one are greater. Before selling, check selling sites to see what others are asking for similar mileage and condition. DON'T allow test rides. If balance is lost (it's a heavy bike - moreso for a novice rider), damage occurs and what are the chances of the incompetent buying it then? With that extremely low mileage, and general excellent looks, there's nothing to fear. They either want to buy it or get out of my face!

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Please don’t sell the “tour” parts off the bike, please leave it as a complete xct, remove but keep and ride her. Everything’s value is UP, that is easily a 10k bike all day long, 12.5-13k with great pics / description, you being its full history, it being a very clean one owner machine. People are searching for the best examples and are willing pay extra for quality, you sir have the perfect example of the types of bikes I look for when I’m buying for myself, you know what you have, it doesn’t cost much to leave it sitting in the garage to be at your leisurely disposal anytime you want. I’d keep it, hell, I’d light it on fire and watch it burn before taking an insulting $7500-8000$, these are fantastic machines and the secretes out, look on youtube people are actively seeking them out now

· Premium Member
14,434 Posts
@stvegas35 ...Jan 2021 I bought a 2016 CCT with 6954 miles on it for $10,000. At the time I was looking and same bike, with more miles, were around $12,000. I added cams. ECU. Lloyd's air filter, 1/4 turn throttle and Ragin Cagun DDT adjustable exhaust then dyno tuned. IF I were to sell, getting older and thinking Can-Am or trike, I wouldn't take a penny less then $12,000. (29,000 on it now).
When you do come up with price, PM me, I have a couple friends, not on here, that might be interested....CASH.

· Premium Member
14,434 Posts
I have a CCT also, black with the same arm rests you have. My wife is no longer going to travel with me and only will go on "day rides". I've considered the same things as you are talking about and since mine is paid for, has a considerable amount of work on it (cams, etc) and I have a supply of parts, I believe that I will (and would if I were you ) remove the trunk and arm rests. Maybe pull the lowers, at least for warmer weather riding and enjoy. I have 62K miles on mine where as you only have 7K, and I trust mine to continue for a while. You can sell the trunk and rests quickly and for a decent amount of money. These things are very hard to come by and highly prized. Honestly, I might even consider pulling the radio and speakers and closing that off to remove a bit more weight. Most bikes I've had never had sound and traveling alone I wouldn't care. You could even trade your parts for a passenger back rest and rack and drop the selling price of these items a bit. I will be installing the passenger rest and rack. Mine came new with the bike and has been sitting wrapped up ever since. Shave a bit of that top weight and enjoy.
@MagVic CCT ...I lost over 40 pounds...PM me for diet, I usually get $25/month...for you FREE :dance:
BONUS: Can keep stuff on bike 😁

· Registered
680 Posts
There is an ass for every seat. Price what you can live with. there is always a low ball buy and sell, disregard as bench marks. I SOLD my original owner 12 CCT with 22K miles as a bagger with back rest few months ago with lots of aftermarket extras buyer prized for good price. Taking off trunk made it materially lighter. The parts are worth more than the sum, but who wants to do that for a perfectly working bike? I got $1500 cash in two days for my trunk. *Only takes one buyer. There is something to be said about keeping it 100% together and for sure the parts will be worth even more in the future as parts become harder to find, and perhaps it will be a collector item one day but this is what worked for me.

Clicky >> My story. Signing off -

· Registered
6,632 Posts
I fully agree with NOT selling off what makes a CCT a CCT. The above posts are right in that it only takes one buyer. I’ve heard there’s one born every minute. Finding the one at the right time with the money can sometimes be a task though.

My 2012 CCT has just over 95K miles and has every accessory and upgrade to make it near perfect in my opinion. To replace it with a new bike with similar capabilities and attributes would easily take $35K to $40K.

I’ve said for many years the Victory CCT is one of the best values in all of motorcycling. I still firmly believe that.

· Registered
48 Posts
+1 for the keep it group. Strip it down if you want something you can ride solo but keep the gear together. I haven't had that many bikes, but of all of them, this is far and away the best. I have the exact same bike except the PO sold off the trunk before I got it (but he added a ton of aftermarket goodies so that made up for it to me). I wouldn't trade it for anything at this point. I will say that it helps that I got a screaming deal for driving to BFE to pick it up, haha.

· Registered
3 Posts
Okay, in terms of real value, its probably 7 to 10. However, if you just want a bike to ride yourself, get a small adventure model like a vstrom. You will open up a whole different world to yourself when you are alone and have the cct for sale when that perfect buyer wants just what you have sitting in the garage. Neat bikes sell within 2 weeks to someone who you know or is looking and then they set for years, priced too high. Use a cheap or free ad... I have had five or six bikes forever. You can probably get a friend to store it in exchange for his occasional Sunday ride. CCT sharing

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey all!
DONT SELL!!! DONT SELL!!!
Tale NO NOTICE of the scaremongers who continually worry about supply of spare parts. There will always be spares available. Selling date is approx when you're 78 years old.

· Registered
2 Posts
Another +1 for riding without the tour pack for a while before opting for a smaller bike. If your leisurely Sunday rides are still at least a few hours in length, I think you'd prefer the ride of the CCT. If/when you are sure you want something a bit smaller, there are plenty of options that should be available for less than what you should be able to get for your CCT (including some other Victory models). I sold my 13 CCT with 30k miles for $9,900 last June (bought a Magnum). You should be able to get at least $10k if you wait until riding season to sell. Join a few of the Victory Buy/Sell Facebook groups to see what comparable bikes are selling for, and if you decide to sell, that's where the Victory enthusiasts will be looking. I listed my CCT there and on Cycletrader, and had far more responses from the Victory Facebook groups. Good luck!

· Registered
1,776 Posts
$8-10k with higher likely during riding season when people know what they buying.

· Registered
9,572 Posts
Thought about selling mine, but most would think that I had lost my mind considering what I'd be asking..........let's just say, Someone would have to want to buy it a lot more than I would want to sell it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts